cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Purchase order not appearing as commitment for next fiscal year in KOB2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

Any help on this is highly appreciated.Our Fiscal year 2008 is ending on 27th september and fiscal year 2009 will start on 28th September.

We have some purchase orders created with delivery date as 30th september which falls into next fiscal year. Somehow these purchase orders are not appearing as commitments in KOB2 report even with data ranges for next fiscal year.

However we have many similar Purchase orders with delivery date in fiscal year 2008 with same internal order as account assignment and they are correctly appearing as commitments in KOB2 report.

Can you please let us know what could be the reason for purchase orders with delivery date as 30th september not appearing in KOB2 report.

Regards,

Santosh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Are you using the same GL Account for these two different scenario? Pl check whether the GL account which you are using, has been extended to Controlling as Cost Element. Trust this helps much! Cheers,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks for the response. Yes, we are using same GL account and it has been extended to controlling as cost element. Could you please let me know if there are any other causes for this.

Regards,

Santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Now, we need to turn our attention to OSS notes. It says that we need to run a program RKANBU01 as per OSS note no.152571. "In every case where commitments are missing or incorrect, try to correct the data using the RKANBU01 program (see also Note 534993)" Trust this helps much! Cheers,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashok

Thanks for your continued support on this. I was going through these notes today.

One observation I made was cost elements in our system were valid till 27th september only when problematic POs were created.However their validity was subsequently extended after the creation of Purchase orders.This might be the reason for system not recognising these POs as commitments.

SAP Note 534993 seems to suggest that we need to run report RKANBU01 for all such purchase orders to redetermine commitments.I am in the process of testing this out in our systems.

Could you please let me know if my understanding is correct. Thanks again.

Regards,

Santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Santosh, Yes. You run the said SAP standard program and let us see, whether it resolves our problem. Perhaps the post-extension of the validity period must be the deficiency for this problem. Trust this helps much! Cheers,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashok

Thanks a lot for your help on this. Application of note 534993 solved our problem. After running report RKANBU01 for problematic POs, I am able to see all the missing commitments in the report.

However I feel SAP could have defined logic of the report to change automatically when validity of cost elelments got extended instead of we applying this note manually to correct changes. Hopefully they might correct this through future support patches.

Thanks again for your help.

Regards,

Santosh

Answers (0)