cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to keep DLV status orders cost not to settle

Former Member
0 Kudos

How to keep the dollars associated with production orders at DLV status in WIP and not let them settle to the P&L like orders at TECO status do

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

As I understood, you want to keep the order cost in WIP cost elements/GL a/c?? and not settle it to variance cost center and Pa dn L GL?

Can you explain your requirement in detail?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for quick response.

If the order status is DLV and variance calculated then the WIP should not updated in P&L

If the order is TECO ed, the WIP should be updated in P&L

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For settlement, the order status should be TECO, then only the settlement will happen. This is std SAP functionality.

Regards,

V. Suresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think you are confused about the concept.

If status is DLV then it cannot be a WIP stage where the the good are posted to stock and production is completed. Then we cannot delacre it as WIP. Once TECO, we can do the settlement. During settlement, the variance is posted to variance cost centre. During variance calculation, system will calcuate the total variance and bifurcate into different headings like input price/qty variance, output price/qty variance...

I have not understood your statement "If the order status is DLV and variance calculated then the WIP should not updated in P&L" What do you mean by WIP here?

Former Member
0 Kudos

You are right.

*"If status is DLV then it cannot be a WIP stage where the the good are posted to stock and production is completed"*

However, client wants to settle the DLV orders but doesn't want it to hit the P&L.

And want the documents with TECO to hit the P&L after the variance has been calculated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you please explain me why it is so..pl come bck

Former Member
0 Kudos

I understand that DLV means that order is ready for settlement.

However, our client want to treat the TECO ed orders only for the settlement.

Wondering there is anyway in SAP that can address the customer's requirement

Former Member
0 Kudos

settlement can happen with DLV status and TECO is not a must for settlement.

Hence only wayout is not by diverting the settlement to somoe other GL a/c if TECO is not done and diverting the setelemt to P and L if TECO is done. It is deficult to reconcile

Other simple way is change the business proccess, Run the settlement if the order is TECO. How to check that TECO is done or not?

Chekc the orders in COOIS first and then go for settlement.

Or give a Z transaction where user will enter the order number and Z prog will check the status first, then take him to settlement screen, if not it will retun with message- make the status TECO. If you want i can help you if you are planning to go for developement.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I was thinking in similar lines of developing a front end Z-proram for CO88 or KO88 with a selection of orders for that period. The Z- program will filter the DELV status and pull in the TECOed Orders pnly and call BDC of KO88 and run settlement.

I wanted to do this as a last resort only when we can't find any other solution with help of you Gurus.

Appreciate your advice and offer to help in development. I think I can handle the development as long as it is definite that there is no alternative left.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I donot think there is a alternative...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks very much Rajesh

Answers (0)