cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help required about MD61

0 Kudos

Hi all,

My client wants to enter the demand for a carton of cigars in MD61.each carton contains 12 packs and each pack 10 cigars.Now they do not want to have seperate material number for cartons.So i can not use the carton as header material in BOM and define the packs as components.They create Purchase orders only for Packs and not for carton.

How can i let system know that the demand is of 12 packs when they enter the demand as 1 carton with both of them having same material no.

the cartons are not managed in inventory

Can you throw some light...Full award...

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

Tell me how they enter the PO qty?

Let us say Material no X and qty requiured is 12

then in PO they enter

X PO qty is 12 and unit oif measure PACK

If so proceed as below

Create material with base unit as CORTON and alternate unit as PACK.

Give the relation of alternate unit of measure and BUM

As 12 pack = 1 CARTON.

Enter the PO unit as PACK.

Hence in MD61 enter the qty in carton and PO will be placed in PACK.

I hope u got the point

0 Kudos

Hi,

They do not create any manual PO.MRP run will create the PRs and then they are converted to POs.

Then the quantity of POs will also be in BUM, right ?

Then when and how I make the conversion ?

Thanks

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

One thing is not clear. Are u maitaining the reqmt for this material in MD61 directly or it is part of a BOM let us say X.

In 2nd case if it is part of BOM X then u must be maitaining the reqmt for X in MD61. In this case in the bom of X enter the unit as PACK. So system will create PR for unit PACK.

If it is 1st case, then maintain basic UOM as carton, alt UOM as pack and cigar. In the purchasing view of material code u will find order unit. Maintain Pack. So system will create a PR with carton as UOM. But when u convert to PO the UOM will be changed to Pack.

All of your problem will be solved through alt UOM and base UOM only. No need to go for new mat code. Just do some test and experiment with it.

Pls revert back if u find any difficulties.

Edited by: BNR on Sep 21, 2008 6:28 AM

0 Kudos

Hi

This solves.

thanx a lot

Ranojoy

0 Kudos

Hi,

In md61 only the base unit of measure can be entered.How can i enter the alternate unit ie carton ?

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

In material master maintain alternate unit. 1 carton=12packs and 1 pack=10 cig. In MD61 enter carton as unit.