Booking a material for Service (NCAMC) Vendor / Contractor
Dear SAP Gurus,
How to issue the Material to Service vendor to rectify the equipment in AMC contract & how to reconcile the same in SAP?
We know issue movement is 941 & booking movement is 943, but how to do the process & what is the procedure? We are having Material code for the same item.
Generally, Repair of Materials are handled via concept of Gate Pass (Returnable & Non-Returnable). But, SAP doesn't provide any option for creating Gate Pass (Returnable & Non-Returnable) in standard.
Try the below suggested procedure as a work around process;
Repair Process via Returnable Gate Pass: -
1. MM01 - Create Material Master for every Spare Part / Machinery to be sent to Vendor for Repair as Non-Valuated (Material Type "UNBW") (Do not extend Accounting and Costing views since you don't require postings of Stock value and consumption values, you only want to track the Service/Repair Charges)
It's not necessary to have materials as Non-Valuated always, it depends on your requirement.
2. MIGO - Goods Receipt > Others (Receive the quantities of these materials using Movement Type 501 / 511) - Only if Stock of Material is not available.
3. ME21N - Create Subcontracting PO (Here Main Material and Component will be same material)
4. MB1B - Transfer Posting w.r.t. Subcon PO (Mvmt Type - 541, Spare Part stock will get posted to Vendor Stock)
5. MB90 - Take Print out of this Material Doc as Returnable Gate Pass (U need to configure Message Determination of Inventory Mgmt)
6. MIGO - GR against Subcon PO (101 - Receive Spare Part, 543 O - Consumption of Spare Part form Vendor Stock)
7. MIRO - LIV for Service Charges w.r.t. Subcon PO
Note: - If PM Module is implemented then use PM Order as origin of the Repair Process. If it is not then follow the above process.
Else use Service Process Cycle: -
1. ME21N - Create Service PO (With Item Category D and Account Assignment Category K )
2. ML81N - Create Service Entry Sheet w.r.t. Service PO
3. MIRO - LIV for Service Charges w.r.t. Service PO or Service Entry Sheet
For Service Process, refer following link;
[SAP External Service Management|http://www.sap123.com/showthread.php?t=52]