cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IS-Retail Market-basket pricing procedure

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Can anyone tell me what is Market-basket pricing and at what situation do we use Market-basket pricing.and what is the IMG settings and any other settings require to use the pricing.

Yours sincerely,

Krishna

Edited by: gopi krishna on Sep 20, 2008 12:50 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Refer below url from Sdn

[Market Basket Calculation |https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/bpx-bpp-retail?rid=/business_maps/guid/eg1slxvyat1odhrwoi8vzxn3b3jrcgxhy2uuc2fwlmnvbs9zb2nvdmlldy9ty3bnzxquyxnw%0d%0ap3bhy2thz2vpzd0mdmlldz1zbwnyzw5kzxiyjmlkptyyotdgndcwoum1mtexrdkxmkqxmdazmdzf%0d%0amdu1ree3jiz4c2wtymfzzt1odhrwoi8vzxn3b3jrcgxhy2uuc2fwlmnvbs9zb2nvdmlldy9ty3bn%0d%0azxrfbwltzs5hc3a/dxjspxnkbl9uzxcvjiz3zwitdxjspwh0dhbzoi8vzxn3b3jrcgxhy2uuc2fw%0d%0almnvbs9zb2nvdmlldy9ty3bnzxrfbwltzs5hc3a/dxjspsymehnslwxpc3q9c2rux2dlbmvyywxf%0d%0acmvuzgvylnhzbhq7c2rux2xpbmtyzxdyaxrpbmcuehnsddtnzw5lcmf0zuhutuxfu0rolnhzbhqm%0d%0ajnbhy2thz2utawq9jizyzxnvdxjjzxr5cgu9c2rux3nvbhv0aw9ux2nvbxbvc2vyx2z1bgxwywdl%0d%0ajizwyxjlbnrssuq9l3dlymnvbnrlbnqvd2vicgfnzxmvynb4lzqwieluzhvzdhjpzxmvumv0ywls%0d%0al0j1c2luzxnzifbyb2nlc3mgugxhdgzvcm0gaw4gumv0ywlsjiz0axrszt1szxrhawwguhjpy2lu%0d%0azyatie1hcmtldcbcyxnrzxqgq2fsy3vsyxrpb24mjnzpcnr1yww9dhj1zq==&prtmode=print]

[Market-Basket Price Calculations - Procedure |http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_03/helpdata/EN/83/8818d107a711d3b470006094b9cbfb/frameset.htm]

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi seshagiri,

can u give me "user manuals" with screen shots so that it would be easy to do the complete process of Market-basket pricing procedure.make me clear to understand why we use MB pricing and whats the output.

Thanks

krishna

Answers (8)

Answers (8)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Step-1

IMG- Logistic General - Retail pricing-Market-Basket Pricing-Maintain Market-Basket Pricing Type

eg.

01- purchase price sequence, 01 - sales price sequence, Display currency - INR , Allocation rule - 01, exchange rate - M, List Group -1, List variant - 01, Number range internal - 01, external -AA, name of selection variant - 01, Number of period - 1 , functional module - WV_EXAMPLE_MBC_01

Step-2

Easy Access-Logistics-Retailing-Master Data-Pricing-

Market-basket price calculation- WKK1

Creat Market basket price-

Here you maintain Market basket price type, materials(one or more material),

eg.Enter Material A,B,C

Adjust Price in the Final Price column

Step-3

Activate Price - WKK4

only 3 step........

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijai,

Here in T-code WKK! ,which "adjust price" i have to give in the "final price column" and where it is going to reflect.Make a clear picture about the market basket pricing in IS-Retail.whats the use of Market-basket price and why we use in IS-Retail.Reply sooooooon,

Thanks

krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gopi

You just assume , we have 3 articles A,B & C. Wherein you want to increase the sale of article "B" where your competitor sells more than you. To increase the volume of article "B" , you definetely should reduce the price so that it sells more. at the same time , you dont want to lose the margin because of the decrease in price. To compensate that , you increase ( adjust ) the price of the other two articles so as to arrive a nominal margin by selling all three articles..

Here the selection of these articles depend on the "Market Basket" ..ie..I hope this analysis will happen in BI ,where in each receipt is analysed and a report generated i.e these are the 3 articles customers reguraly purchased in their "BASKET" ex.. BREAD, JAM & CHEESE.. you can decrease the price of "CHEESE" to improve the sale..either sacrificing your margin or by increasing the prices of other 2.

The market-basket pricing function is an enhancement to the sales price calculation function that enables you to use sales figures to calculate sales volume and gross margin figures. You perform these calculations for a group of articles - known as a market-basket - and a group of sites. The sales volume and gross margin figures that are determined at article/site level are cumulated both for each article and for the market-basket as a whole. The integration of this function with the sales price calculation function allows you to calculate sales prices as normal and thus to use market-basket pricing as a additional planning and analysis tool.

Regards

Anis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Can anyone explain me in detail with IMG & Easy Access settings that are required for doing Market-basket pricing.Reply soooon in step wise.

that will be helpful to me.

Thanks

krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Maintain Market-basket pricing type

IMG- Logistic General - Retail pricing-Market-Basket Pricing-Maintain Market-Basket Pricing Type

Here you maintain Market basket price type, materials(one or more material), Price activatin level - plant or distribution level,

After Maintain Materials, adjust price according to ur wish..and Activate Price pressing Activate at top of the screen....

so New price is activated for these article (see these article price before u activate)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Can anyone explain me in detail with IMG & Easy Access settings that are required for doing Market-basket pricing.Reply soooon in step wise.and try to take an example for the market-basket price and explain with that example the complete Market-basket price process

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ALL,

Can anyone explain me in detail with IMG & Easy Access settings that are required for doing Market-basket pricing.Reply soooon in step wise.and try to take an example for the market-basket price and explain with that example the complete Market-basket price process

Thanks

Krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Can anyone explain me in detail with IMG & Easy Access settings and any other settings that are required for doing Market-basket pricing.Reply soooon in step wise.and try to take an example for the market-basket price and explain with that example the complete Market-basket price process

Thanks

krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Plse Read Retail Material IRT320 or see the link below and download SAP Best Practice Configuration guide & Business Process Procedure , do your own settings.

http://help.sap.com/bp_retailv1600/Retail_US/HTML/index.htm

Go to Implementation - Implementation Tools - Building Block for Retail - Download R12

Regards

Anis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gopi Krishna

Market-Basket Price

For Example-

A - Rs.5 - 3 as margin , B - Rs.4 2as margin, C - RS.3 1 as margin

Competitor is selling A - Article as Rs. 4..so we have to reduce A by 1.rs.( Rs.4)..but company does nt want to loose margin..

So company decide to reduce margin for A - article by Rs.1 and increase 50 paisa for both article B & C...

so Final Price - A - 4, B - 4.5 and C - 3.5..

So this should be capture in SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Can anyone tell me Market-basket pricing and at what situation do we use Market-basket pricing.and what is the IMG settings and any other settings require to use the pricing.And any work should be done in Easy access.

Reply soooon

Thanks,

kriishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Maintain Market-basket pricing type

Here you maintain Market basket price type, materials(one or more material), Price activatin level - plant or distribution level,

After Maintain Materials, adjust price according to ur wish..and Activate Price pressing Activate at top of the screen....

so New price is activated for these article (see these article price before u activate)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gopi Krishna

Market-Basket Price

For Example-

A - Rs.5 - 3 as margin , B - Rs.4 2as margin, C - RS.3 1 as margin

Competitor is selling A - Article as Rs. 4..so we have to reduce A by 1.rs.( Rs.4)..but company does nt want to loose margin..

So company decide to reduce margin for A - article by Rs.1 and increase 50 paisa for both article B & C...

so Final Price - A - 4, B - 4.5 and C - 3.5..

So this should be capture in SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gopi

The following steps are simple way to Create Market Basket Price

1. Create a Market basket Price in transaction WKK1 for 2 or more Articles. Enter Market Basket pricing Type ,Article , Distribution Chain & Store

2. Enter Final Price for the different articles & Expected sales Qty .These prices will be according to the Competitor prices ( Suggeted Price If we keep competitor prices for the article ).

3.You can able to see Total sales , Target Gross Revenue , Net margin, % Change of sales,Revenue flowing in to the system because of these Market Basket Price we enter for the articles

4. Activate the Prices

4. Dowload these Market basket Price to POS in Transaction WPMA

Regards

Anis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi seshagiri,

Thanks for the solu but i didnt get from

2. Enter Final Price for the different articles & Expected sales Qty .These prices will be according to the Competitor prices ( Suggeted Price If we keep competitor prices for the article ).

3.You can able to see Total sales , Target Gross Revenue , Net margin, % Change of sales,Revenue flowing in to the system because of these Market Basket Price we enter for the articles

4. Activate the Prices

5. Dowload these Market basket Price to POS in Transaction WPMA.

Is there any IMG settings for MB-price and try to explain me in detailed from step 2 to step 5.That will be helpful to you.

Thanks

Krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the solu but i didnt get from step 2 to step 5.

4. Activate the Prices

Is there any IMG settings for MB-price and try to explain me in detailed from step 2 to step 5.That will be helpful to you.

Thanks

Krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the solu but i didnt get from step 2 to step 5.

4. Activate the Prices

Thanks

Krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna

In the Line item of Market Basket Price calculation, you can fix the Final Sales Price of the Articles.

These Prices you can fix based on the Competition in the Market. As vijai told, If you decrease the Price of Article "A" , you need to compensate by increasing the price of Article "B" and " C". While arriving the price you can refer the "Competitior Price " for that article.

You have a option entering the Planned Sales qty.. You can able to see the % Gross Margin ,Revenue Gained in the Line item for each article

Regards

Anis