cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sloc

Former Member
0 Kudos

experts suggets,

can we represents the branch offices as sloc of a plant and that is also if the branch office is located at place othere then the plant

ex if branch office is 100 km away from plant

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

pankaj_singh9
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

It depends on the business reqmt. if it is only an operational unit then you can have Business Area or Profit Center and if you are doing Inventory management transactions then use Storage Location.

Former Member
0 Kudos

YES WE ARE DOING THE STOCKING AT THE BRANCH OFFICE SO WILL YOU BE SUGGETING TO MAKE AS A SLOC

BUT TILL NOW I THOUGHT THAT WE CAN CREATE A SLOC IN A PLANT ONLY IF IT IS IN PROXIMITY OF THE PLANT (AS IT SEEMS TO BE LOGICAL ALTHOUGH THERE I SNO RESTRICTION IN SAP AS I CAN CREATE ANY NUMBER OF SLOC )

BUT QUESTION IS THAT DO U FEEL TO BE A LOGICAL THING AS MY BRANCH OFFICE IS LOCATED 100 KM AWAY

pankaj_singh9
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you will talk about control then it is suggested to create Branch Offices as Plants.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

Usually a Plant represents in SAP MM is one of the following:

A Plant is an organizational unit for deviding an enterprise basing on PRODUCTION, PROCUREMENT, MAINTENANCE and MATERIAL PLANNING.

If you your brance following under these above or performing functiosn any one of the above, you can define as Plant. But there is no restriction, its depends upon your business requirements, planning and consideration.

Regards,

Syed Hussain.