cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data slices

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

i have a layout, in that i want upon completion of the current month (means user planned the keyfigures for this month), the planning tool should automatically open and display on the next open logical period of the calyear (For example, Once sep 2008 closes, the layout should open and display period sep' 2009) this is the way the users can enter a plan for that period.

I want this logic through Data slices.

I will assign very good points

Thanks&regards,

Sohail.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If u want to use data slice for this, create one data slice and restrict calyr/mnth by a fixed variable V1. Give one button in the folder to finalize plan which is an exit function module which populates the calyr/mnth value for which data should be locked to the variable V1. Keep the data slice active always, so it will lock that data. User will select one value of calyr/mnth for the data to be displayed in the layout, that should be a variable of type exit, the logic of which, will read this dataslice variable V1 and populate the next month (V1 + 1) so in layout next month data will be displayed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bindu,

Thanks for u r answer, Iam going to develop the object according guide by u. But i want the logic of not next month.

If sep'08 closes user want to enter next year of same month i.e., sep'09.

Thanks&regards,

Sohail.