cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crystal Reports Server - Scheduling Report Exports

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

We are using Crystal Reports Server XI Edition and we would like to schedule report exports. Crystal Reports Server configuration console allows us to automate report exports but apparently we could not find a way to pass report parameters and formulas from any export management tab. Naturally, each report needs to take different parameters but to our knowledge CRS management console does not have a screen that prompts us to key in or to read dynamic report parameters and formula. It simply uses the default report parameters. Can you confirm this please?

To overcome this limitation, we are thinking of developing something like a script that directly interacts with CRS. The script would pass the name of the report, the report parameters and other relevant details like CMS username/ password.Do you think this is possible and if yes can you please point us to the key APIs required for scheduling report exports?

My sincere thanks for your assistance.

Kind Regards,

Joseph.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Solution: I simply followed the zip file kindly pointed out by Mr. Stone. The report which we were trying to view does not have parameters and that could be the case why the Parameters tab is disabled. Our reports instead make use of formulas but these, to my knowledge, cannot be changed dynamically from the console.

Adam_Stone
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You are able to change the parameters for the report within the Central Management Console under the processing tab before scheduling.

Here is some sample applications that you can refer to in regards to doing this using the api:

[http://www.businessobjects.com/global/doc/dev_zone/Java_SApps_q405.zip|http://www.businessobjects.com/global/doc/dev_zone/Java_SApps_q405.zip]

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your excellent help.

Just one thing, the Parameters tab is disabled in my Console. Do you have any ideas how we can enable this tab?

Joseph.

Adam_Stone
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The only time the parameter tab should be disabled is when the report does not have parameters. If you are seeing it disabled on reports with parameters I would open a new thread in the [Enterprise Admin forum|;