cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create and send workitem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I want to create an workitem without using workflow and send that workitem to the specified-user inbox. Any FM(Function Module) available for that. Can anyone help me with this because its urgent.

Regards,

Ramesh

Edited by: Ramesh Vinay on Sep 20, 2008 10:35 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You have to either create a Workflow Template or a stand alone Standard task for creating workitem. Please note that workitem is only generated by these two methods.

What is the reason behind not creating wflow???

Thanks

Arghadip

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arghadip ,

Thanks for the reply.

Reason is only one step is required in workflow as per the requirement in which i have to send only the notification as workitem in inbox , where no action is required after that. So why i ignored the workflow and want to send the stand-alone workitem without workflow.

Regards,

Ramesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As Arghadip was telling, for creating a witem, you need either a wflow template or atleast a single-step task with a triggering event. But, for creating a task that doesn't need the user action, it has to be a NON DIALOG task and i'm not sure if your BO has that task, coz your single-step task should use a method of the BO.

Instead of sending a Notif. to the Wflow folder, if you send a mail, it'll go to the DOCUMENTS folder which also serves the similar purpose. Ofcourse, you can Delete the mails in the Documents Folder.

Hope you got what i just said although I'm not sure if my explanation will suffice your requirement.

Goodluck

venu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

In which case you can:

a) create a standard task with the Om Selfitem-->displaytaskdescriptn;

b) Maintain the long text and short texts of the task to reflect what you wish to send;

c) Trigger the task.

Then you will get a WI in the UWL which, when executed will display your long text.

Regards

Gareth

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You want to send a workitem without using workflow. Is it that you want to send an email instead? If so there are many FMs you can use. Search the forum for 'SO_OBJECT_SEND' or 'SO_NEW_DOCUMENT_SEND_API1'.

Cheers

Gareth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gareth,

Thanks for the reply.

But the requirement is to send by workitem only , in which they can see it in Portal UWL like Notification.Is there any option of sending workitem without using workflow.

Regards,

Ramesh

Edited by: Ramesh Vinay on Sep 22, 2008 7:47 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

you can create a stand alone standard task for a workitem of your requirement using transaction pftc_ins.

here you need not create entire workflow.

now, in the created standard task you can specify the triggering event as required.

whenever the event will be triggered, your task will get activated and the workitem will be sent.