Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any source to know which std program is copied as .......

kiran_k8
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If a SAP Standard program is copied as zprogram and modifed is there any way to know which standard program is copied as what ie any table which stores this data.

for ex RM07DOCS is copied as ZXXXX and we want know the source of ZXXXX.

K.Kiran.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi kiran,

I think it is not stored anywhere, but you can identify if u go through the source code by analyzing the include names and other program units.

Regards

Karthik D

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi kiran,

I think it is not stored anywhere, but you can identify if u go through the source code by analyzing the include names and other program units.

Regards

Karthik D

0 Kudos

Karthik,

Yeah,but when a include is used in more than one program then it will difficult to trace out I guess.

K.Kiran.

former_member223537
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

SAP doesnt store this data in any table. But as a standard practice usually most of the project maintain an excel sheet with the Standard program Name & copied program name.

This helps during upgrade to identify whether the Z copied programs also requied an update.

Normal practice is to copy the standard program & add Z/Y before it. But if certain naming convention is followed, then you will have to check the program manually.

Best regards,

Prashant

former_member195698
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

just a weird solution... whenever a program is copied, people don't change the 'REPORT' statement.

You can try with this option also.

People usually follow the convention of keeping a part of the name of the Original Program in the New Program , so you can search with this way also.