cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Base unit of measure

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

Base unit of measure was maintained as kg and no order unit maintained. created the PO. with Base unit(kg) now want to change it to NUM in PO but system not allowing to change the unit of measure. hence in the material master order unit mentioned as NUM. still not able to change the uom.

how to change the uom in PO.

Thanks,

Naga.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

Check bellow two process

1) First change material unit of measure in MM02.

If any transaction is created for your material system not allow you to change unit of measure.

so first cancel your transaction against material and then try to chagne unit of measure.

NOTE: - You can see transaction against material with ME2M, ME5A, ME2N, MB51.

2) Maintain order unit of measure as NOS, maintain conversion factor between nos and kg.

Then active variable active unit of measure in purchasing view.

Also same change done in material purchasing info record.

Then try to change purchase order for material.

Regards,

Mahesh Wagh

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

first thing is u can change the order unit the material master. it can be processed or u have to do the following steps.

make sure that no document exists with ref to that material, cancel all the documents. and stock should be made zero. than u can change the base unit of measure

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

for changing the base uint of measure following prerequisites are to be carried out.

1.ensure that there is zero stock available for the mtl in the plant.

2.no open po exists for the material.

3.no bom exist for the material.

for additional clarrification ,you can get the details from the material master itself.

Regards,

velu