cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Business area

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi gurus,

I have a Stock Transfer scenario to Depot.

I have a common Depot plant 1002 and I have two manufacturing plants 1000 and 1001 both of them have same division 01 and two business area A and B. The business area is triggered through plant and division.

Now the client wants If goods of division 01 of plant 1000 goes to depot 1002 the G/L postings during goods movement should trigger business area A.

Like wise if the goods of division 01 of plant 1001 goes to Depot 1002 the G/L postings during the goods movement should trigger business area B.

But the same is not happening in statndard SAP as division is common for Both plants and For depot I can assign either A or B.

Please guide me how i can tackle the same.

With Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friend,

Wht i understand from you is...,you have.,

Plant -1000

Plant - 1001

Division- 01 [ in both 1000 and 1001 plant]

Business Area - A & B.

Business Area is defined from Plant + Division combination.

for your requirment, i would suggest to assign :-

1000 +01 = A [ Bus Area Assignment]

1001+01 = B [ Bus Area Assignment]

Also, before this assignment, please do define the rule for Business area as"1". This shall facilitate the business area determination based on Plant & Division combination.

Warm Regards,

Kiran.S.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

Let me correct your last line ... Also, before this assignment, please do define the rule for Business area as"1". This shall facilitate the business area determination based on Plant & Division combination.

The rules for business area determination only comes into picture when there is a sales area... now this is actually a STO wherein there is no sales area involved... right?

But, your suggestion above this particular line is absolutely fine..

Hrishi