cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proceedure for deletion of orders & notifications

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

We have made many notifications and orders with errors. we want to delete the same. I have set the deletion flag for the notification through IW22.but still it is will be available in IW28. so my purpose to delete it permanently has not been completed.I tried the same thing in IW32 but deletion indicator flag is not activated in that screen.

So experts please tell me how can i delete these things permanently so that it should not appear in the list display too.

Please do the needful.

Thanks & Best regards,

Praveen

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If the data of Notifications and Orders are exceed or you want to delete some of the notificaitons and orders there is a standard procedure to follow in SAP.

1. You need to close the Order/Notification and assign deletion flag.

2 Once you put deletion flag you need to run the SARA and SARI transactions for archiving the deletion notificaiton/order.

3. Then approach with basis guy they will transfer all the archived data to another server.

Once if you finish SARA and SARI transcations you wouldn't be able to see the notification/orders.

Regards

Srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

I am sorry, till now i couldn't check out, i'll come back very soon..

Best regards,

Praveen

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member192718
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

For deletion of notification:

However, you cannot delete a notification directly online. Usually, you set a deletion flag in the notification, which informs the system that this notification can be deleted.

At certain intervals, an archiving program will be started in your company. This program checks the notifications with deletion flags, converts the deletion flags into deletion indicators, and then deletes the notifications from the database and copies them to an archive.

1-Choose Tools >Administration >Administration >Archiving.

You reach the initial screen for archive management

2-Enter the name of the archiving object ( PM_QMEL for maintenance notifications) and choose Continue

3-You can now select and execute the required activities, for example, "Initial run", "Archive".

Regards,

Kaushal Rai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Rai,

Thank you very much for the information.

I executed the program RIARCORVS succesfully, form this i was able to put deletion indicator to the orders for which i have put deletion flag.Then i executed RIARCORDS ( Archiving orders: deletion program), here it is asking me to select files for deletion program from one window where archiving object is written as PM_ORDER. There is no file in that window. How to proceed now?

Deletion of notification is concerned as i told u initially i have put the deletion flag. how to convert it to deletion indicator? what is program name to delete the notification? Even i didnt find the path you mentioned.

Please do the needful.

Thanks & best regards,

Praveen

former_member187991
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

you can refer the [Archiving the notification |http://help.sap.com/saphelp_46c/helpdata/en/8d/3e648a462a11d189000000e8323d3a/frameset.htm]

regards

thyagarajan

former_member192718
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Praveen

Path: Tools >Administration >Administration >SARA - Data Archiving

Or T-code SARA

Object name:PM_QMEL for deleting notification for those deletion indicator is set.

For order: the file its asking for that is getting created when you running program RIARCORAS in SE38

and when you running program RIARCORDS in SE38 it will ask that file yiu have to select that file.

Regards,

Kaushal Rai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Thayagarajan,

It is really informative..thanks..

but the program name is not mentioned anywhere.Isn't it?

Best regards,

Praveen

former_member187991
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

instead of program name it is mentioned the menu path and object (PM_QMEL)

regards

thyagarajan

former_member192718
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

If you have authorization then run t-code SE38 and then put the program name RIARCORDS and execute. Check this program also RIARCORVS.

After that process I don't have authorization to guide you. I feel you can do afterward.

Note this program is for deletion of orders only.

Regards,

Kaushal Rai

Edited by: Kaushal Rai on Sep 20, 2008 12:52 PM

former_member192718
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

Foe deleting the notification and order permanenetly you to sit with basis for archiving.

Its there job. You only have to put deletion flag.

Regards,

Kaushal Rai