cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PS Question

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am implementating capital investment project.

Here actual cost is collected at WBS level through normal purchasing process.Customer wants to transfer the actual cost from WBS to Plant asset codes and then to fixed asset( at the end of project) . Plant asset codes are not fixed asset these are project asset where they want to collect the cost month wise so that cost can not be accumulated at the end of project. These are not AUC or WBS. These plant asset codes have specific number range

Kindly suggest us different option how we can treat these plant asset codes so that cost can be transferred from WBS to these plant asset codes( month wise) and then to fixed assed ( at the end of project) ?

Regards,

Sameer Shahane

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

from what I understand you should not use AuC set by the system

settle to plant asset codes on a monthly basis (periodic) from the project and then do asset transfer from plant asset codes to the real asset outside of PS system.

In this case you are using PS system to capture cost like an expense project but instead of settling to cost centre you settle to the plant asset codes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Virendra,

Thanks for the response. Do you mean to say that i should treat this plant asset codes as project cost centre and settle or transfer the cost from WBS to plant asset codes through manual cost allocation through Tcode KB15N ? Do you suggest any other option like transfering these cost from WBS to Plant asset codes through some development ? Kindly suggest.

Regards,

Sameer Shahane

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am assuming that your plant asset code is actually an object called fixed asset in the SAP system. In that case I would recommed that you settle to these objects. You might want to use a BADI to create settlement rules for the respective WBS as a development if you do not want to creste settlement rules manually

first settling from WBS to cost centres and then using internal allocation could also work but seems a bit long winded.