Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi good day,

We have backflush option in

material master

work centre

routing

production order

Now exaclty what will be the impact if i use above 4 options.Pls explain me in detail

regards,

madhu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Pls. find the clarification of your query:

1. Backflush in Material Master

You can set Backflush in Mat master in MRP 2 View that have two options :

1. Always Backflush means this material will be always backflushed wherever it is used i.e. for any header material etc.

2. Work Center decides whether to Backflush

This means whether material will be backflushed or not that decision will be taken by backflush check box is ticked or not in work center.

2. Work Center

You set backflush in Work center means whatever material is processed at the work center will be backflush.

3. Routing

Setting backflush in routing means that material will be backflushed only under that specific header material production only for which it is maintained in routing.

4. Production order

Setting backflush in Production order means material will be backflushed for that production order only specifically.

Hope this helps.

Revert if any doubt.

Regards,

Tejas

Edited by: Tejas Pujara on Sep 20, 2008 8:31 AM

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai,

Thanks for ur replys....

now my doubt is

backflush means automatic goods issue and automatic goods reciept

or only automatic goods issue

Regards

madhu

Former Member
0 Kudos

only goods issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

only automatic goods issue!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In case of Discrete Mfg. Backflush means Auto GI alongwith Final Confirmation of Production Order .

Further if you use REM then Backflush means Auto GI & GR both alongwith confirmation.

Hope your doubt is cleared.

Revert if still any query.

Regards,

Tejas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thnax all

Regards

kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

material master - If you use it here, it is common for this material..i.e. whenver you use this material in any BOM...this material will backflused..i.e. in all production orders only for this material you will get backflush tick

work centre - Whenever you use this WC in the operation,,all materials assigned to this operation are backflushed...in all production orders only for this material you will get backflush tick

routing - it will get copied to production order for those materials which has the backflush tick.

production order- Specific to this production order..for the same materaials in oether production order, backflush tick may not be there.

Now if you activate backfkush in all 4 places, then depends on material, backflush tick will be defaulted as explained above.

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Backflushing Indicator

Material master

With the Backflushing key (MRP2) you can specify that

-The material is not generally backflushed - that nmeans this material wherever used will not be backflushed

-The material is always backflushed - Always wherever this material used will be backflushed

-The work center determines whether the material is backflushed - WC setting has the priority if this setting is made.

Work center - You can set the Backflushing indicator on the Basic data screen. This is only taken into account, if the material master stipulates that the work center should determine whether the material is backflushed. Work centers are assigned to a production order via the operations. The operations are copied from the routing used.

Routing

You can stipulate that the material is to be backflushed, on the component overview in the routing. This indicator is always taken into account, irrespective of the indicators in the material master or work center.

If the Backflushing indicator has been maintained in the master data, it is copied from there when you create a production order. You can change the indicator in the production order, as you like.

Hope clears to you.

Regards,

R.Brahmankar