Did you mean: 

Measuring Point & Counter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi PM Gurus,

Can you tell me about the performance based maitenance :

1. Measuring Point (M.P.)

2.Counter

What are the characterstic units come under the Measuring Point.is it right that only we can give upper and lower limit in M.P not in counters.Also User exit is only created for MP not for counter.

What are the basic difference between Measuring Point & Counter.

In both the cases is it necessary to select counter tick mark or only in case of counter ?Is there is any difference while generating the plan

Regards,

RC

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member220863
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Raju,

For measuring point u define upper and lower limit. Counter tick applied when u want to create measuring point as counter. The main difference b/w the two is that counter moves either up or down but for measuring pt reading could float up or down. There is no upper or lower limit in the counter.

For ex- u want to create a notification for ur temprature instrument if the reading goes above 90deg or goes below 30deg , in this u will create a measuring pt for which u have to define upper limit as 90deg and lower limt as 30deg.

Hoping now u understand.

regards

sunil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sunil,

But hw to create plan for measuring point ?

And also what should be Target value for Counter ?

Regards,

RC

former_member192718
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

For creation of measuring point don't select counter check box in measuring point/ Counter screen. After selcting that measuring point click puzzle icon inside it enetr maximum and minimum points.

For counter based check that check box and select that measuring point then click on puzzle icon( measuring point)

inside that you enter annual estimate value and save.

Regards,

Kaushal Rai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dearn Kaushal,

Hw the notification either order will generate for Measuring Point and it will link with Plan.Suppose i want to generate notification for when value gone out of the given range.

Is it ony possible through user exit either i can get the same through standard plan also please highlight.

RC

former_member220863
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Raju,

User exit IWRC0001 is used for creating a notification for condition based maint. plan if reading goes above or below from the defiend range.

regards

sunil

former_member1256457
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Raju,

You can do this through,

IMG - Maintenance Plan,work center, task list & PRTS - Maintenance Plan - Set maintenance plan catagories.

Here in call object column you can define which type of call object you want for your maintenance order based on this you will get the order or notification as a call object.

And rest of the things measuring point & counter that already defined in this thread.

Regards,

Rip

former_member192718
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Raju Chauhan,

If you going through maintenance plan then use the user exit IWRC0001 to get automatic creation of notification.

If you not going through plan then you just define the limits in equipment and the time IK11 system will automatically check where the value entered is within the range or not. If it is not in the range then it will ask you at that time only for creation of automatic notification.

Regards,

Kaushal Rai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dear,

I have a created a Measuring point having the upper and lower value is 25 & 20 degree respectively now i want to create the auto notification or order by creating the Measuring doccuments if the value goes out of the defined range.

Fist tell me whether it it will come under the conditiong based or performance based maintenance, and then hw to create the plan ? Please tell me process of creating the plan so that notification or order can generate automatically once the measuring documents created if it beyond the boundry.

RC

former_member192718
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Mudit,

This is called conditio based maintenance.

Through maintenance plan automatic notification creation is possible not order and that also using user exit which i mentioned in my earlier post.

For this you first user exit then gor IP41 and select notification in maintenance plan category. Inside the plan you do necessay entry.

Tis way if value exceeding the limit notification will be created automatically.

Regards,

Kaushal rai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Kaushal,

Thank you for your clarification actually just now i gone through your both the post.Now its clear to me hw the things moves in measuring Point.

And regarding Counter :If i create a Counter for either 500 l or 6 Months then hw the system will calculate the date for 6 months on the basis of system date or annual estimation in counter?

And Mudit ?

RC

former_member192718
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

For counter based plan. In plan you enter sycle 500 I

In equipment you enter the approximate annual estimate value.

Suppose it run daily 10 then in 365 days the annual estimate 3650.

Now accoding to 500 it will reach on 50th day from the day of creation plan. Eg First call date 01.01.2008 so next call date will be 20.02.2008........like this all the cal date will be created.

Regards,

Kaushal Rai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Kaushal,

I m talking about the either afer 500l or after 6 months.i know once the 500 l will be reach system will create call object but by using and or function i want to create either 500l or six month.

Then for six month system will calculate the date from schedule date or on the basis of annual estimation please put your comments.AND MUDIT ?

THANKS FOR YOUR EFFORT

RC

former_member192718
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

This is called multiple counter plan. For thisT-code IP43 is used.

First you create cycle set T-code IP11Z.

Here you create a cycle set having to cycle 500 and 6 Month.

Now goto IP43 enter equipment no having these measuring points UOM (L and month). second tab in IP43 MAINTENANCE SCHEDULING PARAMENTER there you select Or link radio button.

Regards,

Kaushal rai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Kaushal,

For Multiple counter i have to create two measuring point one for litre and second for Months for the same equpment then i have to assign both measuring point in IP43 after creating the cycle set am I right ?.

Raju

Edited by: Raju Chauhan on Sep 20, 2008 1:43 PM

Edited by: Raju Chauhan on Sep 20, 2008 1:59 PM

former_member192718
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

You are correct! You have two enter two measuement document!

But please stop this thread and ask in new thread as your questions are increasing one by one in single thread.

Post new thread you will get better reply from others also.

Regards,

Kaushal Rai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Kaushal,

Please this is the last one if i have to maintain two measuring document what i will keep the record in one i will enter the consumption as liter

But in Months characterstic as a measuring point what i will enter ?

RC

former_member192718
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

Since you have already said that you are taking 6M or 500L

So suppose you reaches 500 first so your order or notification will be generated.

Simply in OR condition which ever come earliest and in AND both the conditioned should be fulfilled then only call object will be generated eg 500L also 6M also completed.

Regards,

Kaushal Rai

former_member1256457
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sunil,

As per my knowledge Its IMRC0001and not IWRC0001.

Regards,

Rip

Answers (0)