Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create users in multiple clients?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

I want to know if there is any way to create a particular user in multiple clients?

For example, if we take a hypothetical situation like a user ABC to be created in 100 clients of a particular instance how will we do that?

I know we can create users in multiple client if we have got CUA configured . Is there any other work around?

Thanks in advance for the guidance!

Abhilash

2 REPLIES 2

WolfgangJanzen
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Each client of an ABAP system is considered a separate (logical) system - with its own user management. Such cross-client operations (as wanted by you) are not desired - and therefore not supported.

The (ABAP) Central User Administration (CUA) as well as the [SAP NetWeaver Identity Management (IDM)|; solution allow to perform user administrative tasks in a system landscape (for CUA: only ABAP systems).

former_member248712
Active Participant
0 Kudos

a user ABC to be created in 100 clients of a particular instance how will we do that?

I hope you don't have 100 clients on one Instance. But any how you can do that by doing a client copy with just the user master.

Use this profile to copy.

SAP_USR - Copies user master records and profiles only.

AB