cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

split valuation

Former Member
0 Kudos

I just want to ask this kind of error, I have created 3 new plants for 3 new company codes. When I create the material master in MM01, in Accounting View1, the split valuation filed was blocked, meaning I can't put the X for split valuation but only for the 1 plant. The 2 other plants it are all ok. I just wondering if how this error happens when I created them following the same procedure.. Was there something not in MM configuration has not been finished or created like in FICO side for split valuation? Hope you can help me with this

regards

p dhanaaekar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have to activate the SPLIT VALUATION at SPRO_MM_Valuation account Assignment -Split valuation

Thanks,

Mohan

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

in oms2 check whether qty and value updation is carried out for the plant.if not maintain it.the valuation ctgy will be in display mode unitll you carry out this.

after qty and value updation , configure the splitvaluation as provided in the link in the previous reply.

Regards,

velu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

Without split valuation, materials are valued at plant level.

With split valuation, the same material number at a plant can have different stock quantity and value for different groupings (called valuation types).

The valuation types are set up in configuration could be for example:

new, old or

GB, US, AU, ... (indicating countries for example)

red, blue, black, etc.... (indicating colors for example)

The valuation typs are grouped together in a valuation category

So for example, the above valuation types could be grouped by age, country, color.

A material is activated by entering the valuation type in the accounting view of the material master.

IMPORTANT: It is only possible to change a material (valuation category) if no stock and PO were created. So it is not something that get changed at will. It needs to be decided on creation of material.

Split valuation set up steps:

CONFIGURATION

Activate Valuation

Create Valuation Category

Create Valuation Types

Link Categories > Types

Link valid Valuation Categories to Plant

MASTER DATA

Activate Split valuation for a material

(Add Valuation Category in material master)

Create Accounting views for every valuation type

For a detail step by step configuration settings with screen shots, visit:

http://www.sapficoconsultant.com/Bonus/Split%20Valuation%20configuration.pdf?bcsi_scan_DAD819A53026B...

Regards,

Syed Hussain.