cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference of FixValues and Value Mapping in Message Mapping

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I would like to know the exact difference between the "FixValues" and Value Mapping. And the Scenarios of usage.

If i use Value Mappings, value mappings more for fixed values or can they be used for business data that will change ?

If the flow is from "Non SAP to SAP System" then if i maintain the "Value Mapping Tables" in Message Mapping, Do i need to maintain the same Value Mapping tables on SAP System. If this is the case, it will be over head of maintaining on both sides.

More thankful if you clarify my doudt.

Regards

Shailaja

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your suggestion. When ever I try to do anything like this I get cannot cast "value" to boolean

I am really stuck. I know this must be simple. All I want to do is say if QUALF is equal to ZU or AG or RE or RS or WE then let QUALF proceed in the mapping

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

<i>true</i> and <i>false</i> or 1 and 0 can be casted to boolean.

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

your question is best explained in the following link(PDF).

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/9202d890-0201-0010-1588-adb...

Its given in the 75th page.

>>If the flow is from "Non SAP to SAP System" then if i maintain the "Value Mapping Tables" in Message Mapping, Do i need to maintain the same Value Mapping tables on SAP System.

I think this is not needed.its not needed to maintain value mapping tables in SAP system.

hope this helps.

regards,

P.Venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shailaja,

Here's a list of the main differences between the tools:

- Within Value Mapping you can specify the keys (Agency and Scheme) to access your tables which adds more flexibility to the tool.

- Contrary to the FixValues function, the table content of Value Mappings is not bound to a specific Message Mapping, but can be used in multiple mappings

- Value Mapping tables can be used by multiple mapping techniques (Message Mappings, Java mappings and XSLT mappings)

- The Value Mapping tables can be filled on the fly using the Value Mapping Replication interface.

Best regards

Joachim