cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

List User Authorizations

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anyone know how to list out all users authorization from SAP Tables directly for documentation purpose ?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

K_Pauquet
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Wai,

please see SAP Note [1175770|https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1175770].

All the best,

Kerstin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

I cannot see this note - the link asks me for a user name and password - which I obviously do not have.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Diane,

Try you S ID & password - depending on your authorization (customer/partner), you should be able to access SAP Notes.

Heather

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kerstin,

Thank you for posting the link. It's an interesting Note but my question would be why there wouldn't be the ability to have a report that would list the authorizations by users. Even if it were restricted to superusers, at least there would be something.

When I have a user that gets the 'no authorization' message, I go back & forth between their ID and another with the same author'ns to see if I can spot any differences... very time consuming when a report would list the components and it would be easier to spot such discrepancies.

Also good reference if at any time the admin wants to verify user authorizations - much easier to view multiple users in a report, just go down the list of settings.

Definitely something for Prod Dev.

Heather

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

jitin_chawla
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can check the following link which could be useful in your scenario.

Regards,

Jitin Chawla

former_member186095
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

We can't export the list of user authorization by using query since table OPRM (authorization table) is not exposed to DI.

you could export it manually using MS. Excel icon.

Also, there is a pdf file that can be download from How To of documentation resource center. When you browse it, you click how to then the link of How to will appears. you could download the file. I also have it let me know if you need directly from me.

Rgds,

Former Member
0 Kudos

To export manually in Excel is fine for a handful of users but for my case I have about 100 users. That will be quite time consuming. Hope SAP can fix the OPRM table and allow us to list them out directly from the table.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Instead of waiting SAP to do something with OPRM table in no time frame given, my suggestion is:

1. Divide your uses to a few groups

2. Assign the same authorizations to those groups by copying

3. Log only exceptions instead of complete list for any special user case

In this way, 100 users may only need about 1/10 or less records to keep.

Thanks,

Gordon