Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Authority Objects to read HR FM BAPI_ORGUNITEXT_DATA_GET

Hello gurus,

i want to run only FM BAPI_ORGUNITEXT_DATA_GET through a SAP User ID, i assigned some Authority Objects to it but its not returining anything if i run it through other user using same parameters its showing me the data. i assigned S_DEVELOP the FM and Function group of the FM, it has access to all the infotypes P_ORGIN-all, S_DEVELOP - All tables, P_PERNR - all, S_RFC-the selected FUGR and SYST function group, P_ABAP -all.

Do you guys think i am still missing something, to view the FM output.

In the same user I am getting output from FM BAPI_EMPLOYEE_GETDATA. using these objects.

NOTE: the user dont have any other objects assigned to it, apart from the specified here. (Though i assigned se37 for testing purpose).

i will really appreciate your reply on the same.

thanks in advance

Mani

replied

I am not sure if I understand your question, but will give it a try:

PLOG is an authorization object. It tells you what data a user can access. Eg. in my example he can read Organizational units. It is not dependent on structural authorizations. So if no struc.auth. is implemented, the user can read all organizational units in the entire client.

If you implement structural authorizations and eg. say that user 1 can only read from org.unit A down, then user 1 can only read organizational units in the org.tree from A downwards.

Structural authorizations in this way narrow the objects you can read.

But structural authorizations will never let you read data itself. For this you need PLOG and other authorization objects.

Kirsten

0 View this answer in context

Helpful Answer

by
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question