cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot see reports in Crystal Server 2008 CMC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, I'm a complete newbie, please be patient. I have installed Crystal Server 2008 trial, and have added some reports as administrator, which I can see and run from the CMC. Have then added a new user and given full control of the folder I've put the reports in. When I log into the CMC as that new user, I see no folders or reports. Can anybody tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Is there a user guide or manual published for Crystal Server 2008, detailing this basic stuff? I've found the installation guide, but no manual as such.

Many thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

What is the resultant rights of the User on the Folder.

To Check resultant rights > right click folder > Manage > Security > User Security > Select User and click View Sec

Former Member
0 Kudos

If I log in as administrator I see for this folder:

Administrator User Group Full Control (inherited)

Everyone User Group Full Control

Sales User Full Control

If I log on as Sales, I see no folders or options at all in the CMC. That is under the

Organise heading there is nothing, under the Define heading there is nothing, and under the Manage heading is Applications only.

If I put the Sales user in the Administrator group, I get the same menus as administrator.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you given the view rights on the objects FOLDERS. If not give the user rights to view folders in CMC and then you may set Access levels on specific folders.

CMC > Folders > Manage > Security > User Security > give the user View right

-n2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Excellent, that worked thanks heaps. Like I said, not very good at this, is going to take me some time.

I can view some reports I've put in that folder, one of them is giving the following error, but it views fine in Crystal Reports 2008. Can you help me with this or should I post another question?

Error in File Customer Sales by Month July 07 - June 09: Max processing time or Max records limit reached

Thanks again.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Great. You might want to mark it as the answer of the post.

For the new error Goto the CR Processing Server properties in CMC and change Database records read when.... to 0

Former Member
0 Kudos

That worked too ... you're a legend.

Answers (0)