Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Booking Curriculum in Portal-Workflow Message is Employee record is locked

I have created 3 course types and then a curriculum type that includes all 3 as elements. I create course dates for the 3 and then a curriculum for those dates. I can book learners manually for the curriculum in R/3, but they are not able to book in the portal. When they try, they get the message: The curriculum elements have not been fully specified.

Does anyone know what this error message means, and what I need to do to remedy the situation?

UPDATE: I configured the Workflow customizing for delivery type 5, Curriculum, and the portal now accepts the request and generates a workflow request to the manager. The system, however, does not book the curriculum or any of the elements. The workflow message says that the learner's request to participate in the course <Curriculum name> could not be processed because the employee record is being updated and is currently locked. There is no reason it should be generating this message (no one is trying to run payroll or update the employee's record).

Thank you!

Roci Galyn

Edited by: Roci Galyn on Sep 21, 2008 6:15 PM

Edited by: Roci Galyn on Sep 21, 2008 6:27 PM

Former Member
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question