cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Maintain short text on an operation basis during result recording

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Guru

How to maintain short text on an operation level during results recording for an inspection lot . I have operations from 10 to 70 . I need to maintain text on an operations basis and like to retrieve it. Kindly let me know how to maintain.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member42744
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sorry.. there is no way to maintain any short text at the operation level in results recording in standard SAP.

The only work around I can offer is to create a qualitative characteristic and make it the first test in each operation. People can record short and long text against this. The text for the MIC would be "OPERATION 10 COMMENT. You can create additional ones, OPERATION 20 COMMENT, OPERATION 30 COMMENT, etc....

You can set up the selected sets as TXT and NTXT. You can make text required regardless of the choice or only required on the TXT one, (set it as R valuation).

Because of the way a selected set needs to be created I think you might have to put in a dummy third choice of FAIL but it wouldn't be one you would pick since it would block an auto UD. Now if you wanted that if text was created, and you wanted someone to read it before making the UD, then set the value of TXT to reject and it will show as a characteristic relevant to the UD. Then the auto UD would be blocked and a person can review the text before making the UD.

Craig

former_member608385
Active Participant
0 Kudos

DEAR NITHIYASEELAN,

Please clarify your question that where you want to maintain that Long text???

Former Member
0 Kudos

Atul

I want to maintain the text during result recording in QE01.Also let me know the transaction to view the text after saving it for a group of inspection lot.

former_member608385
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear NITHIYASEELAN ,

Mr Craig is very rightly said that there is no facility in Std SAP. It would be better to create Qualitative MIC & related Selected Sets as per requirement as Craig suggested.

Thanks.