cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EDI incoming invoice error M8 755 Enter a tax code in item...

Former Member
0 Kudos

All,

Can anyone tell me where I should look to resolve this issue? I'm trying to post an EDI incoming invoice for a PO. The PO has an tax code on the line item being invoiced.

Thanks

Sandra

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rajesh,

My developer ended up moving the location of a memory id in the idoc processing routine. As I mentioned this was working in production/QA so I was able to provide a working example to my ABAPers. They compared my non-working example to my working example and discovered that the tax code was being wiped out at sometime during the process. Had to have been when we were passing data between SAP standard and a user exit (I'm guessing). Moving the memory id to a different location seemed to fix the issue.

In the end it had nothing to do with configuration, the PO/SA or the idoc information.

Hope this helps.

Sandra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Sandra. Let me try this...

Regards

Rajesh

pankaj_singh9
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check in path SPRO > MM > Logistics Invoice Verification > EDI > Assign Tax Codes, here you have to assign the tax code.

In this step, you assign the tax rates transmitted by your EDI partner to the corresponding tax rates defined in the R/3 System.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This configuration is done and has no effect on the outcome.

Sandra

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

I assumeyou are getting an IDOC,

and IDOC does not contain the tax code .

if yes then pl. check the mapping of interface

thanks

Prasanna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Let me get into a little more detail. We have EDI incoming invoices working properly in our production environment. It is unlikely our mapping or our customization is incorrect. It is possible that something has been changed with customization but I have already looked there and did not see anything of concern.

I'm doing testing in our test environment using WE19, and I'm getting this error message although the idoc I create is similar to examples in production and the PO is also similar to what is in production.

I was hoping that someone had experienced a similar issue and would be able to point me in a direction that I have not already looked.

Regards,

Sandra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sandra,

I am getting the same error. Can you please tell me how you resolved this?

Thanks & Regards

Rajesh