cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PLD issues

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Our users asked us about the benefit to use PLD in B1.

My questions are:

1. what is the benefit to use it

2. Are there updated document explaining about the PLD

3. Can we export or import the PLD customized template and non customized template

4. Can we print the open document but not add yet

Let me know the answers

Regards,

ANdres

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member186095
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

Here are the answers for your questions in addition to Paulo's answer:

1. PLD is more flexible rather than XL report and it is not separated like XL reporter, I mean it is attached the GUI SBO, meanwhile XL reporter have different window. it will consume more high memory. Other benefit is that the PLD have properties where you only need to select one of them to make your report fields available

2. I also have PLD document, PLD2007A, 2005A and 2004A, if you need it I can give. Just let me know

3. Yes, you could do that. Either in one database or from one to other database. Either custom report or standard report. If the report is moved from a database that have has many transactions to other database that also have many transactions, I mean not new database, you can use query scripts. You also can duplicate the template.

4. you could print it by export to MS. Words, Excel or print as draft document like PAulo's suggestion.

Rgds,

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Here is the answers for your questions:

1. The PLD (Print Layout Designer) is the tool to allow print document in SAP B1. Document like Balance, AR Invoice, Checks for payment use the PLD to get the printout.

For each option like AR Invoice or Aging Report you have a system template already designed but you can customize them, that is the benefit of it.

2. There is a Landing page for PLD where you can find all the documentation available:

https://service.sap.com/smb/sbo/pld

3. Yes you can export the Layout using the Copy Express Add-On (for the same version/patch and localization).

4. Yes, you can print draft document.

Paulo Calado

SAP Business One Forums Team