SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

End date of a budget bill plan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there any way to change/determine the end date of a budget bill plan other than the standard SAP way of determining that? Currently SAP defaults it to one year end date if I don't put any alternate start month at the time of creation. I want to know if I extend it to say 16 months.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1 year (12 months) is the maximum period you can define in the portion for the billing period. As the the BBP is created during the periodic invoice and a periodic invoice is created every year, the end date for the BBP is then maximum 1 year.

You can then use transaction E25M to extend your BBP, but this is normally done after a portion change.

Adriano.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1 year (12 months) is the maximum period you can define in the portion for the billing period. As the the BBP is created during the periodic invoice and a periodic invoice is created every year, the end date for the BBP is then maximum 1 year.

You can then use transaction E25M to extend your BBP, but this is normally done after a portion change.

Adriano.

0 Kudos

Thank you Adriano. The business reason why we need to have the end date extended on some of our budget bill plans is that when someone signs up for a BBP in winter months, their settlement happens again in winter month when they cannot settle the final month bill. So instead of settling in the winter months, we want to push it out to a normal month when settling the BBP may not be that painful.

If I cannot change the end date, can I prevent final settlement at the end of the year?

If I cannot do either of the above, can I continue to charge the customer budget bill amount even though it is the settlement month and rollover the balance into the new plan at the time of renewal?

0 Kudos

Hi,

in this case can't you change the Meter reading unit in the customer installation to a month not in Winter period and then do the extension of the BBP using E25M. During the UTILMD upload (Change of technical master data message received from the NET company, in the supplier system), when a MRU change is received you can change the installation MRU (Using FM ISU_S_INSTLN_CHANGE) and then do the extension of the BBP using function module ISU_S_BBP_PORTION_CHANGE, if you want to to use this in parallel you might have problems because it uses a reconciliation key that doesn't allows parallel postings, this might seems strange because the BBP it's not a real posting when you create it. To solve this you can copy it to a customer function, execute all the standard forms; example:

• Prüfung aller Import-Parameter

PERFORM f20_check_import_params(saple25s)

USING 'ISU_S_BBP_PORTION_CHANGE'

x_date

x_opbel.

and change form f20_create_new_bbp:

• Check if mass activity is active

CALL FUNCTION 'FKK_AKTIV2_RUN_KEY_GET'

IMPORTING

e_aktyp = w_aktyp.

IF w_aktyp IS INITIAL.

w_no_mass = co_true.

ELSE.

w_no_mass = co_false.

ENDIF.

mac_prot_log_off.

CALL FUNCTION 'ISU_S_BUDBILPLAN_CREATE'

EXPORTING

x_vertrag = wa_everc-vertrag

x_edatum = start_date

x_upd_online = co_true

x_no_dialog = p_no_dialog

x_no_mass = w_no_mass

x_auto = l_auto

x_vorauszdat = wa_vorauszdat

x_ep_period = 'P'

IMPORTING

y_db_update = db_update

y_obj = new_obj

EXCEPTIONS

not_found = 1

existing = 2

foreign_lock = 3

number_error = 4

input_error = 5

system_error = 6

not_created_noduedate = 7

billing_error = 8

not_authorized = 9

OTHERS = 10.

The extension of BBP means that a new BBP will be create from the old scheduled billing date to the new one, this is transparent to the customer.

Hope this helps you,

Adriano.

0 Kudos

Thanks Adriano, this looks promising. Let me work with it and see if it solves my problem.

Can you tell me how this transaction works (in terms of its data selection)?

I tried with a contract account for which there is a non-invoiced billing document, yet it did not extend the budget billing plan. If I were to manually extend a budget billing plan, do I need to do anything else in addition to running this transaction?

0 Kudos

Hi,

if you have an open bill document normally you should be able to extend your BBP, in transaction E25M put your contract number in the selection screen on the "Selection Criteria for Uninvoiced billing documents" and execute, you should then see a list of all the active BBPs and in the toolbar of that list you have an option "Extend Budget Billing Plan", when you press this button you will have a pop-up where you can define the number of due date you want.

Adriano.

0 Kudos

Thanks Adriano, I did that but what I was missing is that I cannot extend a BBP unless it's end date is in the past and there is a billing document that is not yet billed for that BBP. Essentially this program only allows you to extend the BBP just before its final invoice creation.

This does help us in solving our problem and thanks a lot for that transaction. I am just amazed that our implementation partner doesn't know of such an important transaction.