cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EP Repository Issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am trying to copy contents from EP6 to EP7 with Importing/Exporting an Offline Package, In my understanding I will need the same directory structure in target system, So can anybody knows how to create Directories under root and subdirectories under that? Thanks

-Pramod.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raymond,

The thrid point with ICE helped to reslove my issue,

Thank you very much.

Cheers,

-Pramod.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pramod,

As mentioned by Philipp, what do you want to transport from your source to the target system. I will try to list afew situations and you can think about it.

1) Only KM documents and permission settings are not an important - suggestions to use WebDav, fast and efficient

2) KM documents with also iviews, pages, workset and roles and permission settings are not an important - suggestions to use Transport function of Portal.

3) KM documents with also iviews, pages, workset and roles, and also that you have permission settings which are of important - suggestion to use ICE

When I have option 2 to execute, I normally have a folder called "transport" in the source system. I move all the needed into that folder and then create a transport package. Then in the target system, I will also have a folder called "transport" and I will import the transport package into that folder in the target system. Then I will move the necessary into the correct folder structure.

The above is how I work with transport and maybe there are better ways of working of which others might want to share with you.

For option 3, pls have a look at the below thread which can bring some ideas to your question.

/message/5941401#5941401 [original link is broken]

Also take note on deactivating the parameter "Hide in Root Folder" while you want to use ICE.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/4a/d6769eea2511d5995e00508b5d5211/frameset.htm

Hope that helps and award points for helpful suggestions.

Ray

Edited by: Raymond HENG on Sep 22, 2008 9:54 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pramod,

which content objects do you want to transport.

Do you want to transport content objects like iviews, worksets or roles? Or do you want to transport documents from KM repository?

Regards

Philipp