cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows Configures Crystal Reports XI release 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. We loaded XI from CD that we purchased that gave us problem displaying MSSQL MEMO fields of old reports written in version 10.

2. So we downloaded XI release 2 (11.5.8.826) and installed it. The message showed up and won't go away.

3. We uncheck the the update opion from help.

4. We installed SP3 (11.5.9.1076) and then installed SP4 (11.5.10.1263). The message still there.

5. Then we un-installed all version, re-installed released 2 full load downloaded from your website. The message showed up when restarted the PC and started application which using Crystal Reports.

Please advice, Thanks, Kailin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kailin,

If you have any other versions of crystal reports with your machine then follow the below steps:

Resolution

To resolve the issue:

1) Uninstall Crystal Reports XI Release 1.

2) Manually uninstall Crystal Reports XI before installing Crystal Reports any other version Earlier versions to the Crystal Reports XI.

3) Restart the system.

4) Login as the local administrator of the system. Ensure that no anti-virus or spy ware programs are running during the installation process.

5) Now install Crystal Reports XI Release 1.

Hope this helps you By avoiding you to throw from Pop-up.

Regards,

Naveen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naveen;

Your steps outlined above don't apply to me.

I have Crystal Reports XI Release 2 SP2 successfully installed (and it is the only Crystal version installed on the computer), the problem I'm having is with SP3 and/or SP4 (incremental).

I did each of these three situations below from a single starting point (a fully working SP2 version), three separate times.

If I install SP3 by itself, I get the pop-up for configuring.

If I install SP4 by itself, I get the pop-up for configuring.

If I install SP3, then SP4, I get the pop-up for configuring.

The registry information I posted above fixes this for all three of my situations, but I don't like having to adjust my registry for my system in order to get your Service Packs working. So I'm just going to stay at my current versions (which are also listed above).

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Richard,

It is good to hear that you were able to install service packs successfully.

Is the issue is resolved at your end else any changes required, let us know.

Regards,

Naveen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> Is the issue is resolved at your end else any changes required, let us know.

>

Sorry, I didn't quite understand that sentence. Yes, this issue is resolved on my end. If anything changes, I'll let you know via this thread.

Thank you;

Richard

Former Member
0 Kudos

I also have the same problem since installing some software that also uses Crystal Reports XI, R2 for its reporting. PC is Vista Business 32.

I already had CR Professional XI, R2, SP4 ( 11.5.10.1263) installed.

Whenever I start the 3rd party application or components in it, the Crystal Reports installation prompt "Please wait while Windows configures Crystal Reports XI Release 2 appears, then "Gathering required information follow on dialogue appears, and the java installation messages appear.

I let the process complete but whenever I use that application I continue to get the same Crystal Reports installation prompts.

When I open Crystal Reports Professional I don't get any installation prompts.

I have disabled the Crystal Reports Designer " Check for Updates on Startup". There does not appear to be CR components installed into the 3rd party application folder. is the problem caused by Crystal Dlls/components from a different service pack in the newly installed application? Which dlls/components are likely to be the offending ones?

I checked the Windows event logs and found these errors:

Detection of product '{94FB0978-D094-40C7-91D7-834D39220D4A}', feature 'AlwaysInstall' failed during request for component '{FC3E0B6E-F62B-11D1-B144-00C04F990B2B}'

Detection of product '{94FB0978-D094-40C7-91D7-834D39220D4A}', feature 'HiddenRoot', component '{69578DFB-5394-44BF-BA6A-8F74181E3430}' failed. The resource 'HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Business Objects\Suite 11.5\Crystal Reports\Keycodes\CR Ent\Serial' does not exist.

I created a new key CR Ent (HKLM\Software\Business Objects\Suite 11.5\Crystal Reports\Keycodes\CR Ent)

I created a new DWord Serial and left the value empty and this has overcome the problem.

Edited by: Jeff Rosenthal on Oct 8, 2009 2:10 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Kailin,

We are very sorry for the frustration given to you and different opinions for a query.

We wont suggest any customers to have multiple installations of crystal on same machine.

There will be conflict and it is not encouraged.

We have informed you earlier to remove the crystal reports product entirely from the root folder that means you have to remove it from your program files --Business Objects folder completely.

If the .dll files or .exe files of the existing version is corrupted then it would create a problem.

After the complete product installation you can install Service packs you required SP3 or SP4.

Regards,

Naveen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Richard,

Just update us after installing the SP 4 and let me know if you face any errors.

Regards,

Naveen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

(1) I have installed XI from CD with SP4 upgrade;

(2) I did remove all releases and re-install CD and SP3 then SP4;

(3) I removed all XI and installed SP2 then upgraded to SP3 and SP4 with all antivirus software disabled.

I have tried everything that suggested to me at this site. None of these procedures are error free from ( "Windows configures Crystal Report XI release 2") - I could not upgrade XI to release 2.

I DO NOT have any trouble at all to install SP1 or SP2 for XI release 1.

I have spent more than a week try to install release 2 SP's - I HAD ENOUGH! I do not want try it anymore. Currently, I am happy with release 1 SP2.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry to hear about your troubles, and I totally agree with your frustation concerning the incoherent way Business Objects, and now SAP, do their upgrades and product releases.

On a newly formatted machine (since I was building a new developement machine), I installed Crystal Reports XI Release 1 which I had on CD, and then immediately installed this file, "crxir2_sp2_full_build.zip", to upgrade to Crystal Reports XI Release 2 Service Pack 2.

I know that using a newly formatted machine isn't an option in most cases, but that worked for me. Glad you have at least a working version though!

Good luck!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naveen;

Again, I made sure my AntiVirus was disabled.

I also stopped my SQL 2000 Server (agent and all), just to be sure it wasn't getting hung-up on anything.

This time, I kept SQL running during the SP4 install (everything was fine, so the this didn't matter).

I was able to successfully install SP4 this time. It didn't ask me for a reboot, nor are there any errors in my event log. I rebooted anyways, and all appears to be fine. I tested my application locally, and on the server, and on another machine that accesses the web application. Everything is working correctly.

I'm now at these versions:

Server: Windows 2003: updated with current MS Updates:

Crystal Reports Server XI Release 2 Service Pack 3 (CRS XI R2 SP3) - v11.5.9.1076

Developement Workstation: XP Pro SP2: updated with current MS Updates:

Crystal Reports XI Release 2 Service Pack 4 (CR XI R2 SP4) - v11.5.10.1263

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Richard,

If you have crystal reports XI R2 with SP2 then try to install next service pack by turning off you Anti virus and any proxy settings which are restricting the machine to install.

Just try to turn off the anti virus running on the machine and restart the machine and install the service pack and verify it.

Regards,

Naveen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I made doubly sure that turned off my anti-virus.

I also stopped my SQL 2000 Server (agent and all), just to be sure it wasn't getting hung-up on anything.

I installed SP3 successfully, and it did not prompt me to reboot as it did the last time. There are also no errors in my event logs.

Please standby for more information:

I'm going to reboot my machine and see if everything still works correctly, and then upload my newly compiled application to my test web server.

Ok, I rebooted, and everything is now working at SP3.

I'm going to now try the SP4 install, and see what happens (as I can easily revert using a snapshot).

Edited by: Richard Kenyan on Nov 5, 2008 1:09 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kailin lin,

This is Naveen,

Can you please follow the steps below toquit the pop-up which you are facing while you run the crystal application.

Regarding the issue:

Please note that this issue might occur if the software is not installed properly in the

system.

I would suggest you to try the following suggestions:

1) Uninstall CR XI R2 from the system manually.

You can refer the article as a reference for uninstalling the crystal product manually.

http://support.businessobjects.com/library/kbase/articles/c2017464.asp

2) Restart the computer.

3) Login as the u201CAdministratoru201D of the system. Turn off the spywares.

4) Then, uninstall CR 11.5 Follow the instructions given in the above article to manually

uninstall CR 11.5

4) Now, reinstall Crystal Reports XI R2. Please ensure you have turned off the spy wares

before installing CR XI R2.

Please let us know if you have any queries.

Regards,

Naveen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Naveen.

I have un-installed CRXIR2-SP2, un-installed CRXI, disabled anti-spy, anti-virus and disabled "data execution prevention". Then re-installed XIR2-PS2 downloaded from web. it took me about two hours, but SOME message.

I believe there are something else preventing windows to configure for CR, maybe JAVA related issues. We are a very secured site.

Thanks again, I am sure your resolutions are good and helped lots others, but not me - too bad.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have been having the same problem:

I keep getting the "configuring CR" windows message.

I was able to solve the problem by doing the following...

If you look in the event viewer of windows, it says the MSI Installer is looking for two registry keys:

One is a "AlwaysInstall" and/or "HiddenRoot" key.

The other is a serial key. On my install, it was looking for "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Business Objects\Suite 11.5\Crystal Reports\Keycodes\CR Ent\serial"

That key wasn't in the registry, so I added it by making modeling it after this key "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Business Objects\Suite 11.5\Crystal Reports\Keycodes\CR Dev\default"

Once I did this, it appears to have fixed the problem. However, I find it unacceptable I had to do this in the first place...

I'm not keep SP4 installed, but if you need to, this may help fix your problem.

Both crxir2_sp3.zip and crxir2_sp4_inc.exe (installed separately, system restored via a ghost image each time) gave me this problem, and the above registry modification fixed it.

Also, on a side note: crxir2_sp4_full_build.exe is a corrupt installer, and for the server version crsxir2win_sp4.exe, there is a missing cab file (search the forum) that halts the install at the half way point.

Isn't there going to any fixes for SP4?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you so much for the resolutions to the issue.

However, I have given up entirely to upgrade it to release 2. Since I got deadline to meet. And XI release 1 SP2 ( 11.0.0.2495 ) fixed the memo field issues.

I have installed and found all available SP of release 2 that all gave me the "windows configures Crystal Reports" message that will not go away.

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you have time, could you see if my above post works for you in this instance? I'm very curious since it solved my problem.

Edited by: Richard Kenyan on Nov 6, 2008 12:11 PM

*removed the detailed current version descriptions I posted.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kailin

Please update us with the following information:

1: What is the message that displays.

2: Do we come across an error message.

3: What problem do we come across while it displays the memo fields inthe new version.

Regards

Ashwini Yadav

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. The message title reads "Crystal Reports XI Release 2", the message box reads "Please wait while Windows configures Crystal Reports XI Release 2". About 30 seconds later, a second line of message "Gathering required information" added to the message box.

Two minutes later, DOS window box popped up with title reads "c;\program files\business objects\j2sdk 1.4.2-08\bin\java.exe". The DOS window closed itself minute later.

2. The above steps repeated for three times when I started the computer and each time when I started the application using Crystal Reports XI.

3. The memo fields are displaying (blanks) when running XI, the reports are fine with version 10. The reports are access two database, with "select distinct records" option checked.

Please let me know if you need more information to resolve the issue. Thanks, Kailin

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have seen this happening when starting Office applications as well.

Fuskie

Who was using Vista at the time...

Former Member
0 Kudos

I encountered the same thing; I uninstalled SP4, then extracted the files from the full R2 SP2 installation to a folder on the root of C:, reran the R2 SP2 full install, leaving the files in that folder after the install finished, and then did the SP4 install. Problem has disappeared.

Former Member
0 Kudos

From I understand from google search, some of sites installed successfully R2 SP2 full install version (by removing all XI prior the installation) and the message go away.

Unfortunately not me, however I appreciate your inputs. Thanks.