cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Office XP error message

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am trying to install a trial version of Xcelsius. I have downloaded the trial version and after pressing setup, I receive the messages

"Office XP application: Excel, Word, Outlook or PowerPoint must be pre-installed. Higher versions work fine."

"Installation ended prematurely because of an error."

I am running Office XP for all applications mentioned above.

Please advise on how I can continue with the trial.

Thanks

George

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Since 4.5 trials are no longer generally available, I assume you are trying to install a trial of 2008. Based on that, please make sure you are using a supported version of Microsoft Office. In the download directory, there is a file called platforms.txt. Per the file, the only version of Office XP that is supported is SP3. You may need to download the latest update from Microsoft prior to completing installation of the Xcelsius trial.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Amy,

I am running SP3.

Any other suggestions on why I am encountering this error message or how I can get around it?

Thanks

George

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi George,

Can you please confirm if you are installing the first version of Xcelsius 2008 or if you are installing Xcelsius 2008 SP1? There was an issue with Office XP that has been resolved with SP1. Please be sure to download and install this version.

The download is available at the following link:

[https://smpdl.sap-ag.de/~sapidp/012002523100007532212008E/cx2008_sp1.zip]

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Amy,

The new install worked.

Thanks for your help.

George