cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CE 7.1: Any tutorials usable for non-customers?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have installed CE 7.1 EhP1, mostly to familiarize myself with SAP products and to broaden my horizon as a developer. While the download and install of the software seems to be free for anybody who registers with SDN I was a little disappointed when all the tutorials start with "You need access to IDES" or "Go to the SAP Marketplace and download this additional thing to get started. Have your S-User handy". Are there any tutorials that are freely accessible to SDN subscribers who are not SAP customers or employees (yet)?

Thanks,

Tilo Christ

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tilo,

By installing the NetWeaver Developer Studio and CE 7.1 EHP1, you will have access to the entire toolset you require to create and test BPM processes and Composite applications.

The ESR for CE 7.1 EHP1 is not yet out. If it becomes avaialable on SDN whenever it does, you can use that too to model new Business Objects.

Regards,

Romit

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Moreover, I did not have to download anything from Service Marketplace to be able to walk through the tutorials. They worked just fine with the regular installation from SDN

Former Member
0 Kudos

Maybe I have to look harder. So far I have looked at the Visual Composer Quick Start Tutorial, which has IDES as its first prerequisite.

The "Importing Demo Model Sources" sample needs a GUID component from the SAP Market Place. The "Getting Started with Composite Designer" fails in the first step because some SAP component is missing from Eclipse (already reinstalled it three times). The generic J2EE EE tutorials don't really interest me (done that with other application servers). Maybe I'll try the Web DynPro tutorials and see how far I will get.

Thanks for your indication that it should be possible to use the tutorials,

Tilo Christ