cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Report of Material master changes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello community:

I am looking into a solution to have a report of recent changes made to the Material Master. MM04 doesn't cut it for me because I have to go Material by Material which doesn't make any sense. We developed a report but it takes too long to execute because of the size of table CDPOS. Basically what I need is to determine what materials were subject to change between two dates for a given plant number through transaction MM02 (of course). Also, (I almost forgot it) I'm limiting the search to a given Procurement organization that is harcoded in the program.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

see OSS note 336668, it describes a modification to MM04 which fulfills your requirement. to execute it for multiple materials.

Material master views are not maintained by purchasing organisation. So this is probably not the best key to search for changes.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Danke Jurgen:

I'll read the OSS note you refer to. Regarding the Purchasing organization reference I made in my entry, I refer to an ABAP program we developed in-house to track the changes. One of the parameters of the program is the Purch. organization among others. Unfortunately the program takes forever to execute due to the size of the table it's using to track the changes.

Thanks again for your help

Gustavo

marilyn_pratt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Welcome Gustavo. I've moved your post to the appropriate forum area.

Since you are new, may I recommend reading the [Community Guidelines |https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/communityguidelines] and Forum Rules of Engagement. This helps newbies understand what is expected here before you post.

best,

Marilyn

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Marylin:

I read the Community Guidelines and I'm still as lost as I was at the beginning. I put my post in the Forum I thought was the appropriate one and I still ignore why the one I chose wasn't to your liking. Also, I ignore in what forum my query landed because I see no utility to search the questions I posted in the forums of this site. Like SAP you offer a very good set of tools but they aren't neither simple nor obvious to use!

Regards

Lost Gustavo