cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How often are match codes created in SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

We're using DQXI for SAP and sometimes when customers are created the corresponding match code in the /FLDQ/AD_MTCCODE table does not appear to be created immediately, so subsequent duplicate checks do not find that customer.

This is a problem when a customer buys something from our online store, which creates a customer record in SAP. If later that same day they purchase something else, or register a product online, then if the match code has not been created the subsequent visit to the store will create a duplicate customer in SAP instead of finding the customer created earlier that day?

Is the match code supposed to be created as soon as the customer is created or updated? Or are they created at scheduled intervals.

Thanks,

Nathan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I got the answer from the folks at SAP:

"They should be created as the record is added, because the find duplicates step needs the codes to determine whichrecords to select."

My problem was not that the codes weren't being created quickly enough, but rather that customers created through a back-end process that skipped the address and duplicate check did not have match codes created. This is a different issue altogether which I will have to address.

-Nathan