cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Set Sales Order Delivery Date to Today?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am looking to set the delivery date to a default of the day at which it is entered i.e. I open a sales order and the delivery date defaults to today.

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Robb,

You can make an FMS in the Delivery Date field.

The query will be very simple: Select Getdate().

However you may have to press Shift + F2 to make it work. Otherwise, it could be refreshed to some other date.

You can use a query refer to the DocDate field instead of that simple query provided you do not backdate your Sales Order.

Thanks,

Gordon

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for all of your help!

former_member186095
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

When you open a sales order, the docdate will be today's date and the delivery date is empty. the cardcode, item code, etc are also empty.

Use this following query FMS:

select $[ordr.docdate]

save it by using query generator and assigning the FMS into delivery date by pressing shiftaltF2 and define formatted search window will appears. Select search by saved query, input the query above, check auto refresh when field changes, select customer/vendor code, select display saved value (it is used to avoid updating the document every time you open it) and finally update the define FMS window.

when you open the sales order document, it will still be empty, after you input the cardcode, the delivery date will be input automatically and as same as posting date. if it is today, then the dates (for both) will be today.

Rgds,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jimmy,

I also have similar issue with Robb and I have tested your query and it is working well in my document. I really appreciate it. I am sure rather than using getdate(), it is better to use your query

Regrds,

Andres

former_member186095
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

in addition to my previous reply, if the posting date is not as same as delivery date, I mean if your posting date is backdate, the query I give will make the delivery date is blank but the cursor is directly moved from posting date to delivery date and just press t or d or whatever alphabet, the delivery date will become today's date.

you could also use this query if you did not want to have automatic input in the delivery date in case your posting date is bacdated:

SELECT case when $[ordr.docdate] <> getdate() 
then getdate() else $[ordr.docdate] end

use all the steps I mention in previous reply except the query.

Rgds,

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Gordon's FMS Query should do it.

You should check Auto Refresh and

Select the CardCode or CardName field from the drop down list.

Check Display Saved Values radio button

Suda

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Robb ,

You can type t and press tab on delivery date ,Delivery date will catch system date .Otherwise Use Gordon sugggestion .

Anyway, Is your business always create sales order and delivery due date same date

Thank you

Bishal