cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charting in Crystal Report IX

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am working on a report with charts. What is the difference in Detail View as opposed to Preview mode WHEN editing. It seem that when I make an edit to the chart in detail view, it changes it when I preview and vis-versa. For instance, in Detail View it looks a lot different than in Preview. Its not retaining the edits I make.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kim

In Detail View (or Design mode) it shows the generalized view of the chart according to the fields selected in the chart.

Whereas in Preview mode it shows the chart after fetching the data in the chart. Hence the design mode looks different than preview mode.

Also if the changes are not retained please go to char menu and click on "Apply Changes to All Charts".

Hope this answers your query.

Please let us know if you have any further questions.

Regards

Ashwini Yadav

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm not sure my question was answered-maybe I didn't explain well enough. I know the difference between Detail & Preview. However, when I edit in one tab the totally changes the format of the chart. For instance: i have a line chart that has defined line/point and depth selected in chart expert; however when I make any change, that all disappears and goes back to like a default so I loose my styles I have set - make since; this happens all the time. Now I have a chart that I played with background (green) and I took it off (both detail and preview) yet when I make a change, it reappears.

You said to "Apply to All Charts"-is this going to reformat all my charts. They run off the same group but sum with different numbers. I wouldn't want to loose the formatting there either.

Thank

Kim

Answers (0)