cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Display Profit Center and Cost Center in FBL5N

Former Member
0 Kudos

FI Gurus,

I am in the process of configuring A/R, I am able to post an invoice via FB70. As I am entering the invoice I am able to enter a profit center and cost center. But when I go to display customer line items thru FBL5N. the fields are there but with no data in them.

We have been using the A/P module for quite some time, when entering a vendor invoice thru FB60 I also enter a cost center and Profit center, but when I go to vendor line item display FBL1N I can see the profit center and cost center that were populated during invoice creation.

I went to table BSIK, and I can see the profit center and cost center there. But when I go to table BSID I don't see them populated for the customer side. I can only see the profit center in the G/L side.

Any idea as to why, even though I enter profit center in FB70 it does not show in customer line item, but yet vendor do?

Thank You for your information.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Use ABAP, Business Transaction events to get profit center field populated in FBL1N & FBL5N. We just finished doing this for our client.

Thanks & Regards,

Sajan Pisharody

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sajan,

Can you tell which User Exit you have used to get the PROFIT CENTER into FBL5N and FBL1N.

Thanks,

Robert Miranda

Manchester, UK

0 Kudos

A/R or customers do not have any link to the cost centers from the finance postings.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Which SAP version are you using? Isn't PC determined after f.5d and 1KEK during month-end for AR/AP?

Nadini

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are using 6.0, I want to be able to display teh profit center and cost center in FBL5N.

Thanks for your info

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Frank,

A cost center is a controlling object that you use for posting costs on and not a sub detail for a debtors posting.

It is possible to use the cost center but then you have to create a cost element for the g/l account

The profit center should be working when profit center accounting is active..

The problem is that it is possible to have more lines on the posting for different profit centers and than it have no value to fill in the profit center.

For debtors and Creditors you have the transactions:

F.5D - Calculate

F.5E - Post

F.5F - Display Log

On the end of the month you run these reports to get the correct (total) values on the Balance. (this is using an offset account)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Frank,

As from your mail I can understand that you are using the version ECC6.0.

And I assume that in your system the document splitting is active on the base of profit centre.I would also like to let the friends know that in ECC profit Centre can be used in FI as an org unit.As the document splitting is based on profit Centre it is manatory for the each line item.

For customer and vendor line items you can't see the profit centre in entry view while viewing the doc in FB03. But if you will go to GL View then you can see that.

The reports FBl1N and FBL5N are based on entry view of the document,so you are not able to view the profit centre in the lines.To get the profit centre line items you can go for enhancement in the system.

Hope the above will clarify your doubt.

Regards!

Pulak Das

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Pulak,

I am a little bit confused because we currently use A/P and MM, when I run the FBL1N tcode, I can see cost centers and profit centers that were entered via MM and/or via FB60. We have been using A/P and MM for about 1 year.

We are now getting ready to implment A/R module but without SAP SD, as I am doing my testing I thought that FBL5N was going to behave same way as FBL1N, meaning I was going to be able to view all the information I currently see in FBL1N. Controlling is already active and we have been using it for A/P related purposes. We use PC and CC as we have a one to one relationship, so controlling so far is working fine.

Any idea as to how I can enter product line and quantity via FB70?

Thank You for your help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Frank,

In FBL1N you have the option to see the costcenter and in FBL5N. There is an Oss note to make this possible if you want. (is only to tick on an entry in a table).

In SAP you have the moduls FI and CO. In the module CO you follow up cost on cost object like Cost centers, internal orders, ...

In Fi you have 2 types of G/L Accounts balancesheet account and Profit and Loss account.

For your P&L accounts you follow up the costs by cost object like Cost center.

For Balance sheet accounts like debtors/creditors these normal don't use a costobject and don't going to Controlling. (it is possible but then you have to create a primairy cost element for it, but then you have to fill in all cases a cost centers, will be dificult with payments).

In some cases it is possible to fill in the coster for the reason to get the Profit center from the cost center but you have the same result with the period end closing programs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank You Paul, do you know where I can get information on the OSS Note to view it FBL5N? I am able to view it in FBL1N both cost center and Profit Center and was under teh impression, that same functionality was goignt o be in FBL5N as well. Are these 2 different OSS Notes? I guess the OSS notes will activate BSID table which is where the info will be stored. for FBL1N it is stored in BSIK table.

Thanks for the info. howevere any additional infor will be greatly appreciated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i am also facing the same problem. In case of vendor or customer line item display, the profit centre is not showing.

We have implemented GL Profit Centre concept rather than Business area concept. But now the question is when the client is asking any report on area wise vendor or customer detail in line item display, the problem starts.

so kindly reply asap.

Thanks in adavance.....

regds,

Raj