Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem running a text compare in CUA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

I have CUA implemented and two child systems in the landscape. I'm encountering a problem where the same role exists in both child systems, and while I can assign the role fine in one child system, it will not assign in the other child system. The error message I am getting is "Role x does not exist in system n". I've tried running a text compare, and strangely enough it comes back with no error messages on the system that the role will not assign in.

Any ideas? I don't see any IDoc errors and the RFC's are working fine. The userid I am trying to maintain HAS been created in the child system, but the role is not assigning. CUA just can't see the role in the child system for some reason so the IDoc has no role data in it.

Thanks,

Lee

4 REPLIES 4

former_member248712
Active Participant
0 Kudos

CUA would not hold any role Data. All it holds is just the Name of the Role.

AB.

0 Kudos

Exactly, and the text compare isn't working which means the CUA system can't find the role name in the child system for some reason. If I knew how it was getting the role names that would help... Maybe time for some debugging with an ABAPer...

0 Kudos

0 Kudos

Yes but there is nothing there about troubleshooting a text compare. I have run report 'SUSR_ZBV_GET_RECEIVER_PROFILES' in the child system and the report returns with a success message.

I have resolved this though, and I'll tell you exactly what happened:

- One system is a Dev system, the other is a Sandbox.

- We had recently refreshed the Sandbox from Dev

- Table T000 was never updated by Basis after refresh and still had the LOGSYS (Logical System) field set to the Dev system's id.

- Fixing this configuration solved the text compare problem. The text compare reads T000 to determine the current system, and then pushes the data into the central system matching the roles in the current system to the determined logical system. In my case it was matching Sandbox roles to the Dev systems logical system id.

To an ABAPer / Security guru this should make sense hopefully. :O)