cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bunch of ERRORS after installing SAP BPC 5.1 for the first time

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys

Our basis guy is installing SAP BPC 5.1 for the first time. After the installation, I can get into SAP BPC - Administration screen but I get a lot of errors when I try to do some changes. Some of them are -

1. Whenever I try getting into the SAP BPC administration I get the following error. But when I click OK it gets me to the administration screen but after that Hell breaks loose

Error on uncompressing file: Error : ActiveX component can't create object.

2. Create dimensions -

Split File Error

3. Delete dimensions -

OLAPConnect Error - The Database with ID = 'ApShell' doesn't exist in the collection

4. BPC for Excel (I am logging in as a system admin)

The dimension information file cannot be created. There may be a network or security issue.

Error Message: InitCatalog:Either the user does not have access to the ApShell database, or the database does not exist.

I am sure I will get a lot of errors once I start playing with the configuration.

Please comment.

Thanks,

Ameya Kulkarni

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member599120
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ameya Kulkarni,

I will try to give some suggestion to help you:

1. Whenever I try getting into the SAP BPC administration I get the following error. But when I click OK it gets me to the administration screen but after that Hell breaks loose

==>

You should do this step such as:

1. copy file "XceedZip.dll" into the directory SAP BPC

2. register that file into the register window using sintaks: "regsvr32"

3. If the successfully message box appears, You should open the MS.Excel or SAP BPC administration

2. Create dimensions -

Split File Error

==>

You should the database your application in MS.SQL first please.Perhaps, It's does not open and retrieve data.

3. Delete dimensions -

OLAPConnect Error - The Database with ID = 'ApShell' doesn't exist in the collection

==>

You should the database your application in MS.SQL first please.Perhaps, It's does not open and retrieve data.

The dimension information file cannot be created. There may be a network or security issue.

Error Message: InitCatalog:Either the user does not have access to the ApShell database, or the database does not exist.

==>

You must solve the problem no.1 because you should add new user through SAP BPC Administration for the application.

I wish My Suggestion can help you.

Regards,

Wandi Sutandi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Wandi

Thanks for your reply. I have already done the first solution. However I dont understand the solution mentioned in 2 & 3. Also for point 4, I already have the user created in the SAP BPC and I have assigned this user as a system admin, primary admin and secondary admin, but I still get the error.

Please advise,

Thanks

Ameya Kulkarni

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Even I am getting the following Error while trying to add a new application set

The Database with "ID" = "appshell" doesn't exist in the collection

Please help.

Regards,

Ankita

former_member599120
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ameya Kulkarni,

I sorry I wrong type something,

==>

You should do this step such as:

1. copy file "XceedZip.dll" into the directory SAP BPC

2. register that file into the register window using sintaks: "regsvr32"

3. If the successfully message box appears, You should open the MS.Excel or SAP BPC administration

2. Create dimensions -

Split File Error

==>

You should check the database your application in MS.SQL first please.Perhaps, It's does not open and retrieve data.

3. Delete dimensions -

==>

You should check the database your application in MS.SQL first please.Perhaps, It's does not open and retrieve data.

==>

You must solve the problem no.2&3 because you should add new user through SAP BPC Administration for the application.

I wish My Suggestion can help you.

Regards,

Wandi Sutandi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Wandi.

So when you say that check the databse in MS SQL, are there are any specific things that you can recommend which I can check.

Please let me know.

Thanks,

Ameya Kulkarni