cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DeskI and Infoview

Former Member
0 Kudos

Friends,

I build a report in DeskI with two data providers, the first data provider is an universe of sales, the second data provider is an Excel file with the budget of sales.

When I run the report in DeskI it's show really good, but this report is exported to Repository to be used by the sales man with Infoview, but when they or I try to run the report via Infoview, after a few seconds the following error messages appear:

"El motor de base de datos de Microsoft Jet no pudo encontrar el objeto '
Impresoras\exactusdata\TablasBO.xls'. Asegurese de que el objeto existe, y que ha escrito el nombre y la ruta de acceso al objeto correctamente. (3011): [] The following data providers have not been succesfully refreshed: PD 2 in
Impresoras\exactusdata\TablasBO.xls. (DMA0007): [] (Error: INF)"

Sorry but we are here in Peru and the error message are in Spanish for the first part and English for the second part.

How can I solve this problem? Could you help me??

Thanks a Lot.... Roger

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Roger,

Is the Excel file somewhere in the shared folder or something from where it is accessible by the BO server? It seems like the BO server is unable to find the excel file.

Please try this. If you have Deski installed on the servert and you have remote access to the server, then launch Deski from the server and import this document. Test whether this report runs onm the server (without getting the InfoView layer in between).

kashif

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kashif and thanks for your answer...

The Excel file "TablasBO.xls" is in a shared folder on the network, on the path
Impresoras\exactusdata exactly... and it's accesible by the BO server...

The DeskI on the BO server run the report succesfully... I was try this things before....

Another possible options?

Really thanks a lot for your answer...!

Roger

PS: Sorry for my bad english...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roger,

Could you please check that the user has right on the drive/path where the excel file is kept.

Also check the rights for the particular user for infoview in CMC(check the issue with administrator rights).

Regards,

Sarbhjeet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sarbhjeet,

We are trying to run the report with the BO Administrator and network administrator user, so that users have all rights to the drive/path where is the excel file and Infoview

Best regards,

Roger

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roger,

Could you please test the following solution:

1. In an XML editor, open the .sbo file found here:

<install directory>/bobje/enterprise115/solaris_sparc/dataAccess/RDBMS/connectionServer/connectionServer/

2. Search for the following line:

<Parameter Name="Cost Estimate Available">True</Parameter>

3. Change "True" to "False" or remove the entire line from the file.

4. Save the file.

Regards,

Sarbhjeet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi again,

I have just a question more, I have to do this in the BO server, really?

Roger

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roger,

Yes you need to do the changes on the server in the .SBO file.

If the last solution sent by me doesnu2019t works then please try the following workflow.

Launch Deski on the server, open the report & refresh from there (could be a problem with the path to the data file not being recognized/accessible from the server). If you get an error, then re-import the personal data file into the report (using DeskI on the server), using a valid path.

Might want to check permissions/accessibility for the OS account on the server to the file server/folder hosting the file.

If this refreshes ok now, save & export to folder. Login to Info view and open/refresh the report. I think this should resolve the issue.

Regards,

Sarbhjeet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, I'll be trying in a few minutes and I'll be tell you the results, thanks for your help...!

Best Regards,

Roger

PS: Sorry for my bad english, again...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sarbhjeet,

I have searched a .sbo file that contains the parameter "Cost Estimate..." but no file is that parameter.

I have also opened the report with DeskI, refreshed and obtain the correct information. I have exported to the InfoView but the problem persist, can not update the data from the Infoview.

Best Regards,

Roger Alvarado

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roger,

According to the last thread written by you as I already mentioned could you please test the following workflow.

Re-import the personal data file into the report (using DeskI 2 tier mode not through infoview on the server), using a valid path and then save the report refresh it and export it to the repository and then test the issue.

Regards,

Sarbhjeet Kaur

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sarbhjeet,

Sorry, I had misunderstood your answer, but now I did as suggested and nothing, still doesn't work. But, in reality, thanks to your suggestions I already tried something else and it works well now ...!!!

I tell you to serve for future reference: I just copied the Excel file to the hard disk drive in the BO server and I've changed all the reports to point to that folder and now it we work very well, even from the internet.

It seems that no can develop reports in DeskI, reading Excel files that are located on a path in the network. It seems that they have to be on the same BO server.

Thanks a lot for your help...!!!

Best Regards,

Roger Alvarado

Answers (0)