cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Report is retaining old data.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I created a report and everytime I run it, it brings back the old data instead of the new data from a new search. I did not realize that it was saved with the Save Data with Report option checked. I unchecked that option in the File drop down and also in the options and saved the report again. I still get the old data and doing a refresh doesn't change anything. How do I get the report to display the new data. Thanks for any assistance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stacy

As I understand from the issue you are using Remedy Database with CR XI and when you refresh the report, the old data is returned.

I would like to know the following details:

1) What happens if you create a new report from the database and refresh it?

2) If the new report is fetching the data as expected by the parameters, please set the DataSource Location by creating a new connection to the database and then refresh the report.

3) To set the DataSource Location, please search for the SAP note # 1215396.

4) After changing the Database Location, refresh the report.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Poonam Thorat

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stacy

-Which version of Crystal Reports you are using?

-Have you checked with 'Set Datasource Location' from 'Database ' Menu and replaced the old value with new one?

Regards

Ankeet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ankeet,

I am running version XI.

So when you state to replace the "old" one with the "new" one, are you telling me to select the same value over again??

I am running an application called Remedy. I run a search in Remedy, highlight the records I want and then select the Crystal Report to run. The orginal data returned 700 records. When I run a new seach and it returns lets say 200 records that I select, instead of displaying the new 200 records in the report. It displays the original 700 even though the 700 were not in the new search.

I never had a problem with this before and my other reports do have the Save Data with Report checked.