cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference ME52N & ME21N

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I had an audit opinion about ME52n and ME21n, I think those two transactions are different and it is ok for one user to have access to this two transactions, Can I have your opinion?

Thank you

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member192897
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

ME52N is the Trxn code Used for Changing Purchase Requisition

ME21N is the Trxn code Used for Creating Purchase Order

If you want to Allow / Restrict a User to Use the above Two Trxn codes then this can be Controlled thru Authorization.

Please Contact your Basis Consultant

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member335885
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

ME52N - Change PR

ME21N - Create PO

According to me these two transaction can be assigned to one user if release stratergy is applicable for PR and there is a release stratergy applied again if there is change in the PO.

If there is no RS then i advice you to not to give authorisation of these two tcodes to one user. this will voilate the conditions in the audit control. As if one user as these two tcodes then he can change the qty and tamper the PR and create a PO on his own.

That is the reason if RS is there then he can have the access to both the tcodes. it acts as a litigation rule. This is fine with the audit people.

Thanks & Regards,

Kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

There is mass difference between ME52N and ME21N.

ME52N - Purchase Requisition change,

ME21N - Create Purchase Order.

Normally End user create Purchase requisition and he also change but he has no auth. to create purchase order with ME21N.Purchase person create po with reference of purchase requisition and he can't change pr.

Me21N transaction is only for purchase person.

Because in company only purchase person is create purchase order, because he is coordinate with vendor.

So as per my view one person has no authorization for both t-code.

Regards,

Mahesh Wagh

former_member627351
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

The T.Code ME52n is for Purchse requisition change- Any T.code which is associated with the change company gives authorizations to certain users can only to make changes

ME21N is the Po creation these PO are created based on PR received for the material from the production department.

i hope this gives you fair idea

Regards

Pavan

Former Member
0 Kudos

me52n is the requisition change transaciton and ME21N is the PO create transaciton even though both are diff transaciton and funcitonality but if you have some controll in your company where the buyer should bnot have authorization of changing the PR than those buyer should not have ME52N but they can have display means ME53N authorization.