cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change the storage server of archiving files

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

I have archiving files in iseries storage, but because the disks in iseries servers is very expensive i want to change the storage server to Intel server with Win2003 or Linux S.O.

This change is posibble? i would appreciate your suggestions.

Regards,

Ernesto Castro.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ernesto,

There are more than one ways to save archiving files off iSeries.

1. Install a content server

SAP content server based on MaxDB, or another certified product. Configure the ArchiveLink, so the files are automatically saved in the content server and retrieved when needed.

2. Manually copy the obsolete archiving files to another storage server or tape/DVD/hard-drives.

3. Map the logical directory to remote server

Please try/test. (I got the file handler errors on previous OS/400 and Windows release years ago.)

Option 1 is widely mentioned in the documents and being used by SAP customers.

There might be other options.

Best regards,

Victor

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ernesto,

If you are talking about archiving with the SARA transaction you can use transaction FILE to assign a physical path to a logical path and point at your Windows server physical path via /QNTC/ServerName/Foldername and copy your files to this folder name.

Regards

Dave

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

With my understanding about accessing the archive data from the storage system, i can say that it is possible.

1. First you should check with archive server vendors (such as opentext or Documentum) whether their application will support in this scenario.

2. When you are relocating the archived data from one storage to another storage system then the link between the archived data and the physical path will be disconnected.

Solution: A. create a content repository of new location and assign this content repository to all the archiving objects that are affected.

B. Delete the build Infostructure for the archiving objects and after assigning the new content repository build the infostructure again and try to access the archived data.

Hope this mail could help you.

-Thanks,

Ajay