cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP AS in CE EHP1 for CE 7.1 does not start second time

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am working with the EHP1 for CE 7.1. The SAP Java AS starts only the first time (during installation). Once this is stopped and I attempt to start it again, only instance 1 of the server starts instantly. The instance 0 remain yellow for a long long time and does not start.

When I expand instance 0, I notice that all the nodes like "Current Status", "Open Alerts", "AS Java Threads" and all others are empty.

Has anyone else faced this issue too? Please let me know what the possible solution could be.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please make sure that all the services required for the server to start are running.

Please go to Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Services. Assuming your server is called CE1, the following services must be running:

SAPCE1_00

SAPCE1_01

MAXDB: CE1

XServer

If any of them are manual and not automatic, you would either have to set them to automatic or start them manually each time you bring up your server.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, that worked!

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

This problem is because may be database not working. you can start and shut down the database by Database Manager. It comes with NW CE. you can be found in "....CompEnv\MAXDB_WINDOWS_I386\SETUPS".