cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The report you requested requires further information.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi There,

I periodically get this error either when paging thru a report or trying to print.

I have disabled the "Verify on Every Print" property in the report, but it still happens.

I am running: windows server 2003, IE 7, sql server 2005, developed in visual studio 2005 and crystal reports .net.

Thanks for your help in this matter.

Paul O

Here is the error and there are some text boxes for the additional information:

The report you requested requires further information.

Scores

Server name:

Database name:

User name:

Password:

Use Integrated Security

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

Can you please open the report go to field explorer, right click on the Database Fields and go to Set Datasource Location and update the present fields with a newly created but same connection. This would update the fields and establish any lost connection or links between tables. Then give it a try.

If this does does not help please let us know if you are trying to change database or tables or not, is the issue in Dev or production machine, are you using web or windows application. In case of a web application are you using sessions to pass reportdocument object? Does the report display properly from the application?

Regards,

AG.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi There,

Still having some problems. It happens on Dev and Prod machines. The app is an ASP .NET web application. I use a session object to store the report document object.

The report initially displays fine and it's 900 pages. I can page thru no problem, but if I let it sit for a minute or two and then try to page some more, the error pops up again.

Thanks again for checking into this.

Paul O

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you checked the session timeouts? It seems that the reportdoc object is getting lost and the report is trying to get connected again..

Helps?

AG.

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I would recommend going back to basics:

1) Download this file:

https://smpdl.sap-ag.de/~sapidp/012002523100006252822008E/net_win_smpl.exe

the above contains a number of sample apps. Look at vbnet_win_dbengine. (I realize your app is a web app, but I would want to start with a win app and see if this works there)

2) See if you can run your report in the above win app.

3) If you can, download the following:

https://smpdl.sap-ag.de/~sapidp/012002523100006252812008E/net_web_smpl.exe

Use the web sample app to run your report in this sample app (Please do read the readme file regarding configuration of these sample apps)

If the sample web app also works, determine the diferences between your app and the sample.

BTW, running a 900+ page report in a web app does appear to be... inefficient(?) / interesting. You may want to check out the Report Application Server and scheduling of such reports(?).

Ludek

Answers (0)