cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic validate

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am newbie in WebDynpro and i want to use the automatic validating feature of WebDynpro.

I have created SimpleTypes with constraints like not-null, field length, etc. and assigned it to properties of a JavaBean-Model. The input fields of a view are assigned to the model and i have a validating action.

The action fires an outbound plug. No validation happens!

I tried the Tutorial "Using Validating and Non-

Validating Actions". The validation happens only for the programmed validation. The WD-framework validates not automatically for SimpleType-constraints. Are there any properties to switch the validation on?

Thanks and regards,

Matthias

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Matthias,

Strange, WD performs in fact some simple validation (string length, numbers min/max values etc)

You may try my example: https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/1948. [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken]

Also it describes some techniques for complex validation using JavaBean model.

Valery Silaev

EPAM Systems

http://www.NetWeaverTeam.com

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Valery,

i read your weblog and found it very useful (e.g. use of JavaBeans as DC).

We want to build a 3-tier-Application with WebDynpro as front-end. Complex validation will be done in the business tier. The front-end shall validate:

- field types

- field length

- format of input

- mandatory fields

I wanted to use the automatic validation of WD for this, but i think the WD framework performs only validation of field types and field length (only when you put some values in the field).

I think we have to implement the validation :-(.

Thanks,

Matthias

Yashpal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

in VB.NET it is done using the validators which are standard and can be custom made and they are attached to controls but AFAIK it is not possible in Webdynpro . u have to manually check the inputs of controls and accordingly have to raise exception.

Regards,

yashpal