SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fix Wrongly Assigned Device to a Device Category via EG44

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I wrongly Created a Device in a Device Category Axxx via EG44. This Device already exists in another Device Category Bxxx. I don't see an option to delete the Device from the Device Category Axxx. Does anybody know how to do this?

Thank you!

NR

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is nothing like deleting a device from a device category. You basically have to delete the device itself.

Go to IQ02, enter Axxx in Material field and your device number in the serial number field. In the menu 'MatSerialNo. >Functions>Deletion flag-->Set'.

Once you set the deletion flag, you need to physically delete it from the database using SARA and archive object EQUI or run these 3 programs in sequence

RIARCEQV Equipment Archiving: Preparation Program

RIARCEQA Equipment Archiving: Generate Archive File

RIARCEQD Equipment Archiving: Delete Program

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is nothing like deleting a device from a device category. You basically have to delete the device itself.

Go to IQ02, enter Axxx in Material field and your device number in the serial number field. In the menu 'MatSerialNo. >Functions>Deletion flag-->Set'.

Once you set the deletion flag, you need to physically delete it from the database using SARA and archive object EQUI or run these 3 programs in sequence

RIARCEQV Equipment Archiving: Preparation Program

RIARCEQA Equipment Archiving: Generate Archive File

RIARCEQD Equipment Archiving: Delete Program

0 Kudos

Thanks for the response. But I already tried IQ02, it does not show up in the list of Serial Number's available for the Material. However, when I try to look up the Device via EL31, it ask's me to choose from one of the Device Categorie's Axxx or Bxxxx.

Any suggestions?

0 Kudos

It should show up in IQ02. Did you try entering the device number directly in IQ02, instead of searching for it?

0 Kudos

Yes, I queried IQ02 both with Material and Serial Number. When I query with Material Number, I don't see this Serial Number being attached to the Material. When I query with just the Serial Number, it seems like it's ONLY assigned to the original Bxxx device category.

But, when I try via EL31 (Monitoring transaction) SAP somehow picks it up that the Serial Number is assigned to 2 Device categories Axxxx(wrong) and Bxxxx(original). Somewhere I should be able to undo the wrong creation of the Serial Number in the Axxxx device category!!! Just don't know where??

Thanks for your help!

0 Kudos

That is very interesting. Did you try going to the tables EQUI, EGERS, V_EGER to see which tables has this device and which don't?

H_EGER is the search help for device in EL31. May be something is wrong with the refresh of that?

So just to retrace your steps, you created a device nnn in device category AXXX. Then realized there exists nnn in another device category BXXX?

I hope you are not using equipment number (EQUNR which is internal) instead of the combination of device category(MATNR) and serial number(GERAET).

It is against the rules of database management that a device exists in one table and doesn't in another and so the same goes with transactions that access the device.

Did anyone try to delete it from tables directly?

0 Kudos

Hi,

in this case - just view the reading results via EL31 and jump into the detail-screen of the device (double click). Retrieve the equipment number and use transaction IE02 instead of IQ02 --> behaviour should be the same.

KR

Uwe