cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Returns of a Configurable material / Handling returns using VC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are using Variant Configuration and Material type 'KMAT'. We are using Assembly processing (strategy group 82). The MM/PP consultant is using movement type 101 (MIGO) to receive the finished KMAT in to Sales order Stock. This stock is then picked and delivered.

Now, the customer wants to return the KMAT. After returning it, the client may either repair / rework on it, or make a new one (replacement) or give the customer a credit.

I'm stuck in the very first stage. i.e., I cannot even create a return order (RE) for item category TAC.

Can someone please help me on how should I proceed with this? (step by step procedure will be really helpful)

**Helpful Answers will be rewarded*****

Thank You,

Manoj.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Creating stockable materials (variants) was suggested

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manoj,

It is true that you can not create a Return order with an Item Category 'TAC'. But again you never create a Sales document for one Item Category, actually the Item category will get determined in sales order with the combination of sales order type and the Item Category Group. And you can define your own rule to determine ur Item Category. If it is an urgent requirement then yes it is possible.

For your Return order you must have 'REN' as your Item Category and not the 'TAC'.

For the determination; Order Type(RE) - Item Category Group - Usage - Higher Item Category = Item Category.

You may require to go as; 'RE' - '0002' - Usage - Higher Item Category = TAC.

You use that and if your get any issue please come back.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rajan,

Thank You for the reply.

I did have the item category changed to REN. I can set up a copying control between order types OR and RE, so that the order RE can be copied from OR.

Now, if I receive it, it asks for a storage loc. Where do I find the Storage location for a KMAT? How do I receive it back to stock?

The system does not give any storage locations while I do the PGI for returns.

Thank You.

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have asked the client to create stockable materials before bringing them in.

Thank You.