cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to check if a certain Badi is actiavted or not

Former Member
0 Kudos

Folks

I am a functional guy and want to know how to check if a certain Badi is actiavted or not.I want to check this from ECC side as well as APO side.

I would appreciate if you could just provide me with the T-code and the process to do the same.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member

In SAP we are implementing BADI by Implementation name in SE19.

If you go to SE19 and key in Z* it will pull all the BADI you have implemented, choose what you are interested than click display .

you can see status in front of Implementation Name. Active or Inactive.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Using SE18, I had entered a Badi name, say ABC, and am able to see the details of this Badi, when I click on Display button.

Now, I want to see if we are using this Badi in our implementation and if its active or not. For doing this I went to SE19 and under Edit Implementation section, I chose New BAdi and typed the Badi name ABC and clicked on display. System didn't do anything. It just showed a green arrow on the bottom left hand corner of the screen.

Then I chose Classic Badi and typed the Badi name ABC, and clicked on display. However system says "BAdI implementation ABC does not exist.

what does this imply ? Is BAdi ABC not implemented at all in this system ? If we need to implement a BAd, whats the standard process. Do we need to activate it and themn implement it ? I am a little dumb on this part. Can you provide some information on this ?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

in SE19 press F4 than in pop up put details of BAPI you want to check in the filed Definition Name and enter .

this will tell weather you have implemented BAPI or not and check weather it is active or not as per my note above.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Go to SE19 --> create implementation: BADI name ABC. give some Z name to implementation. Go to interface tab, select activate_fcst_version method, just write 1 line code inside:

ev_flag_active = 'X'.

activate the method, activate the BADI implementation too

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks

R u referring to any generic method or in specific to activate_fcst_version method. because there is not such method in the BADI I am trying to implement and how do I write code inside a method. I selected the method and clicked on edit but nothing seems to be opne in edit mode to add the code.

Please advice

Former Member
0 Kudos

I just took an example..please follow the below link to get more information on BADI

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm50/helpdata/en/c2/eab541c5b63031e10000000a155106/frameset.htm

Former Member
0 Kudos

To make it straight...from SE18 when you display the Badi copy the 'Definition name' and in SE19 press F4 and paste the 'definition name' in the Implementatin name and click continue..if it does not display the Badi then you need to create an Implementation: Please follow the below link for creating it and I guess this is the best document to follow the process

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm50/helpdata/en/eb/3e7cf4940e11d295df0000e82de14a/frameset.htm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for all ur inputs.

So I am understanding that standard industry practise is to have the *implementation name same as BAdi Definition name prefixed with Z ? Is that correct ?

Suppose ,if by chance, the implementation name is chosen completely different from BAdi Definition name how to find this implemenation name ? any way out ?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Its not always BADI name will be same as implementation name.

But we always give logical connected name .

Check all Z BADI in SE19 and as soon as you enter transaction you can see BADI name .

Former Member
0 Kudos

if implementation name is different as definition name...then copy the definition name in SE18 and go to SE19 press F4 and paste this definition name in the search..it should show you the associated Implementation name

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Go to SE18 enter the BADI name : XYZ and click on Enhancement Implementation button on menu bar then display.

IF BADI is not acitive then display success message display like 'There are no implementations (yet) for definition XYZ.'

IF BADI is active then new window will be open and there you will find BADI implementation name.

Former Member
0 Kudos

In both R/3 and APO please go to SE19 transaction and enter your BADI in the Implementation name or select from the drop down and click Display...you see whether the BADI is inactive or active on the screen