Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SET cursor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

When a field left blank in the screen, I am giving a pop message with yes and no options. If the user selects no, control remains in the same screen. I want to keep the cursor in the same blank field.

Name of the field in the screen is "ekpo_ci-zcust". I tried with the below syntax.

set cursor field ekpo_ci-zcust.

It is not working.

can somebody explain please

<REMOVED BY MODERATOR - REQUEST OR OFFER POINTS ARE FORBIDDEN>

Edited by: Alvaro Tejada Galindo on Sep 19, 2008 3:11 PM

4 REPLIES 4

valter_oliveira
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you insert that command in screen PBO?

Check this:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/EN/9f/dbac0b35c111d1829f0000e829fbfe/frameset.htm

Regards,

Valter Oliveira.

0 Kudos

I am making this changes in exit while saving. Do I need to insert that command in PBO?

If so, how?

Could you please explain Valter.

Thanks

0 Kudos

Command set cursor should be placed in PBO, because PBO runs before the screen appear to the user. It's in PBO that you should make all the dynamic changes of the screen atributes.

The popup is in screnn PAI, but when user presses one of the options, it will go to PAI user-command module. After that, but BEFORE appearing to the user, it passes again to PBO, and here you must change the screen atributes.

Now,

I am making this changes in exit while saving

I hope in that exit you have access to screen's PBO also. If not, I'm not remember a solution for you.

Regards,

Valter Oliveira.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please ensure you put the SET CURSOR FIELD '<fieldname>'. command before the pop-up command.

and also give field name in CAPS letters.

Hope it helps you..

Regards,

KK