Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFC sender channel BASIC question

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all,

his question is really a basic 1,

im on an RFC->PI->file scenario..

nw, while configuring the rfc sender channel, it says to specify the logon user id and password for sender,

i till date believe that this is for PI to import the rfc metadata from Sender r/3,

i just need a clarification if i am right or not,

r/3 to pi comm occurs via an rfc destn on r/3 to pi which is of type T,

y does PI need to specify the logon info in the channel? is it cos PI has to import the rfc metadata form the specified sender r/3?

can this sender b any other r/3 system with the same rfc structure ?? i meant, does it alwys hav to b a rigid req that the real sender b specified @ the rfc sender channel?

guys , just throw me some light on understanding this better,

thanks a lot, i appreciate ur time

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

henrique_pinto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

RFC Communications of type 'T' does not work point2point (as of type 'H' or '3'). For type 'T' there is a 3rd party (hub-like) in the communication process.

It works like this:

1. ABAP system registers itself in the RFC Server ("hub") with some unique registering Id;

2. Java system that will communicate with this ABAP system also registers itself in the RFC Server with the same registering Id;

3. when ABAP system sends data to that RFC Destination, it will actually send to the RFC Server; the server then obtains the unique registering Id and identifies the other party registered with the same Id (Java System) and then sends the data to that party (Java System).

Per default, the configuration is to use the ABAP Sender System as RFC Server. That's why the RFC Destination in ABAP System logon data points to itself and In XI communication channel, the RFC Server data also points to the ABAP System.

For RFC Metadata Repository, you need to point to any ABAP system which has the RFC structure definition (as you pointed out).

Regards,

Henrique.

PS: in the configuration, registering Id = Program ID.

Answers (0)